Tuesday, November 2, 2010

a few lesssons learned

After a fun filled weekend ( posts to come) BJ and I learned a few things

BJ learned..... Jalepeno seeds BURN and you can get an allergic reaction from them!

BJ was nice enough to help clean out the jalepenos for me so I could stuff them with cream cheese and wrap them in bacon for our big halloween dinner I was putting on. They are sooo yummy!

Well neither of us thinking, he deseeded them with his bare hands. About 30 mins later he is freaking out because he rubbed his eye. I'm trying finish all the food so i'm yelling at him, "Flush it with water! Just flush it out!!!!!"

That settles down and then I hear him in the bathroom and the water running then "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHH!"

I'm at the stove and only have an hour til people are suppose to show up and 30 mins to finish the main course and get it in the oven. BJ is screaming in the bathroom. I'm at the stove trying not to laugh out loud. Its so entertaining when he hurts himself. I can't help it! I'm trying to ask what is wrong and he comes into the living room, stands there and is SCREAMING! He is just yelling and yelling! Finally I stop and ask what is wrong?!?! He yells "It burns do something do something do something!!!" I have things in the oven, 2 burners going, a sink running, hands full of cream cheese and I drop everything and grab my phone to look up what to do for jalepeno burns. It says use milk but of course we have none left ( our mac and cheese for lunch was really thick too) but it says to use butter or oil. BJ wouldn't let me put butter on him so I grabbed the oil. We had many people say that was wrong but oh well. We run to the bathroom and I splash oil all over my hands and he is yelling " MY EAR MY EAR! IT BURNS IN MY EAR!!!!" So I grab a Q-tip rub it over my hands and stick it in his ear. I'm trying not to laugh and help him! He has me rub it for a long time then grabs the oil and splashes is it all over the sink and mirror ( people were coming in an hour!!!) I'm trying to keep it clean while I help him. He finally stops yelling so I walk back to the kitchen and the entire apartment is in smoke!!!

I run to turn off the stove and have to threw stuff away and hurry and get things in the oven and finished cooking. BJ cleaned up and the dinner party actually went really well!

BJ did have really swollen hands and kept saying they were burning along with his ear and face. He tried washing his face with his hands. Thats what started the yelling. He took a benadryl to fall asleep and the next day his hands were still swollen and he had a runny nose and headache and was itchy all over. We both stayed home from work. That part was nice!!!


I learned......if the baby say no when you smell it don't try eating it anyways!

Since we both stayed home from work I was able to eat all day and eat what I wanted. It was very nice! I felt pretty good most of the day so I figured my sickness was mostly over. WRONG-O!
I went to work today and nibbled on whatever I could because I was sooooo sick I couldn't really do much. By the time lunch came I was starving (yeah I hadn't stopped eating since i got to work but I was still hungry ok!)! I knew we were having Mac and Cheese with hot dogs. Last time we had it, it was amazing! I didn't like the smell but it tasted good. This time my stomach was churning just smelling the food. I figured it would be like last time. So I sat down to eat it and I couldn't even look at it. I put the plate far from me and ate the oranges and like 2 bread rolls.  I left it there for a bit then I figured I'd just take a bite.I was hungry and 4 orange slices with 2 small rolls wasn't going to do it.  The smell didn't mean it didn't taste good right!?!
BAD IDEA!
I took a bite and had to spit it out. I then started gagging and thinking I would just gag ( like 99% of the time) I tried walking it off. WRONG AGAIN!
I barely made it to the trash can in time! I was so mad! I was hungry and just threw up cuz i took one bit of food! GRRR!!! I then got a plate of carrots and more bread and ate that. Now i know that the baby was not liking the smell and did not like the taste either! Its just better to cut your losses at the smell!!

No comments: