Monday, November 29, 2010

Black Friday

 I have never done black friday before. Mostly because I've never had money to do it, and because I'v never wanted to wake up that early and fight people. This year, BJ and I thought it would be a good time to get everything for Idaho at a good price. I still wasn't excited for the waking up fighthing people part but we needed stuff and there were good prices out there!

Our first stop was to the Outlet mall. It opened at 10 pm on thanksgiving. Kerri has been wanting some shirts from Gap so I figured this would be the perfect time to go up there. I always find good deals up there!! It was FREEZING and they has zero! I was disappointed but we made it right when they opened so there wasn't to bad of a crowd.

We then went home and fell asleep until about 4:15. We went to
We got there and there were no cars. Then the empolyees showed up so we sat and waited. 2 cars pulled up and BJ got all excited. " We gotta get out and go sit by the door!!!  What if they get in first and buy everything. There are people like that!!!" I just laughed. I wasn't about to go stand by the door just because 2 cars pulled up and they were all still in their cars. They didn't open until 6 so we left and headed over to


We both got a pair of snow boots then headed over to
We got some socks for a good deal. We then headed back to sportsman's warehouse and thankfully the crazy people didn't buy everything we wanted. At this point BJ wasn't very awake. He had taken a bendrayl and it was starting to get to him. He had a crazy sore throat. We were looking at their socks and he wasn't able to answer any of my questions and kept walking away to fart. At this point the baby wanted to go back to sleep and i was tired but they had such good deals. We finally got everything and then I realized I wanted to stop at

I offered to take BJ home but he came with. As we were walking up to the store BJ was dragging his feet and looked pretty drunk. It was pretty funny. I had BJ stand in line and found some good deals. That line took the longest. We waited for about 20 minutes to buy our stuff.

After we got our stuff we headed home and fell asleep until about 10ish. I got up and ate and played some nintendo while BJ slept some more. Around 1ish we headed over to the mall.

Heres a list of all the stuff we were able to score!
1. Snowboots for the both of us is has a liner so we can just wear them or pull the liner out and wear them with other shoes aka my church shoes so i can wear cute shoes at church but not die walking into church in the snow and ice.
2. 8 pairs of long thermal socks
3. 2 pairs each of smart wool socks mom told us about these so we had to try them. They are wicked expensive but we got one pair and the next for $1. I got cute one and bj just got the boring hunting kind. I tired a pair on and my feet were buring up after a couple of hours. They are amazing. They felt like I was wearing regluar socks!
4. 8 pairs of thick hiking socks Seems like over kill I know but I'm already freezing and its only getting to the 40's at night. I'd rather have too many then not enough!!
5. 2 pairs of snow gloves each That gives up three each cuz his sister bought us some for BJ's birthday. We figured the more the merrier!
6. 6 long sleeve shirts for me I got XL shirts in Women's so that way I have something to grow into. They don't look too frumpy on me now so I can wear them when I get up there and hopefully it takes me awhile to grow into them. ** funny story** I grabbed one last shirt while i was standin in line and thought I grabbed a XL. When i got home I tried on an  XL then I grabbed the other one that was differnt fabric but I thought was stil XL. I put it on and it fit. It fit great and I sat there staring at myself in the mirror and got really really sad. BJ was doing the dished or something and I just sat there almost in tears that this XL fit me perfectly. All my other clothes still fit me and yet i'm big enough already to fit an XL perfectly?!?!!? I went to pull the sticker tag off the front and it said LARGE!!!! I laughed out loud in relief!!!! I wasn't an XL yet and it was the size all my other shirts!!! First fat prego story! lol
7. flannel sheets!!!!  I already cry that the sheets are cold
8. down blanket
9. 2 pillows  in case we get in vistors!!!
10. another 5 or 6 long sleeve shirts for me
11. 4-5 long sleeve shirts for BJ
12. black moccosins for me BJ got comfy slippers for his birthday and we have been looking for me for awhile. There were any really good deals but we finally found some at sears!!
13. A down jacket for me I'll post pictures soon
14. A down jacket for BJ His 5th jacket my first! Good thing I'll steal most of his stuff but still why can he find everything?!?!

All in all it was a pretty sweet Black Friday. The next day we went out in search of free packing boxes. We thought it would be a good day to start packing up stuff we didn't use often. We found a baby yard sale so we stopped and looked. We found a good stroller and car seat but figured we should wait until we got up there. Then we saw a bunch of strollers at a yard sale so we stopped off there too. They had a cool running stroller but I thought it was to much. They also had a couple of recliners. I've been looking for a good deal on one because I knew I would need it for when the baby came. They all were at least over $100 and I wasn't sure if I should wait util I got up there so I didn't have to pack it up. I wasn't even going to sit on it but BJ did. He had me sit down and it was amazing. It rocked and reclined and was comfy.

The lady said it was about $55. We thought it was a good deal so we took it. I have to get rid of my cute red chair so we can take this one up but I've already took a nap in it and love it!  It looks kind of like the above picture!


Have you seen or head about these bumbo seats? Everyone has one now. They are just a foam seat that helps babies sit up. They aren't anything special but they are the new thing these days. I wanted one just cuz. They are about $30 though. I wasn't willing to pay that for it so I figured i just miss out on this craze. On the way home from church on Sunday BJ and were at a stop light and I looked over and on the corner there was one sitting there on top of a stero box holder. I saw it and was like hey we would pull over and look at that. Bj just looked at it and didn't say anything. I wasn't kidding and made him pull over to look at it. It was in perfect condition and just needed to be washed. Someone had just left it there. I had BJ put in the car. I was so excited!!! We got home and washed it down and disinfected it and it looks brand new!! I"m pretty stoked to have one and didn't have to pay anything for it!


No comments: