Monday, November 15, 2010

Lemons!

I haven't baby updated in a bit so I figured I needed to remember all the joys i'm experienceing.

This week my baby is a lemon. Or the size of my clenched fist. It has fingernails, and the ears are in the right spot now and the eyes or almost done growing. I'm super offically in my 2nd trimester. Depending on who you ask or which book you read there is no turning back. 14 weeks is a for sure 2nd trimester time!

You know the saying " You marry your Dad" well as creepy as it sounds, its true! Want an example?!
My dad has the best rhyming ablities out there. They will for sure make you laugh. And he says a random poem  his just made up and any random time. My mom always tells me the poems he recites to her as they fall asleep at night. BJ does the same thing! The other night I lathered my body in a lemony fresh lotion that is suppose to keep eeky stretch marks away. As I cuddled up to him to fall asleep he recites..

" You smell lemony fresh,
It must be your breast,
You are the very best,
In the entire west."

=] its nothing on my dads, I'll say. It actually rhymed! But it came from nowhere and I just chuckled as I went into la la land. He is always suprising me with that kind of goofy stuff. There are so times I wish I could blog about the stuff he does because I know it would bring a smile to everyone and not just me. One TMI to give you an example of his goofy wit. We were sitting at our kitchen table doing homework. He gets up. Walks over to the gituar waterbottle we have and has his back to me. He then says, " I bet you WISH you could do this!!!" I look up and he turns around with his junk hanging out and proclaims " ROCK OUT with your COCK OUT!!!!"  The things he comes up with that send in tears of laughter!!

Anyways back to baby.....

Everyone says you will hit a day when all your sicky days are gone and you fill normal and you have energy! Its the greatest time really! SWEET bring it on!!! I'll have one day where work will be super smooth!! Nothing bad happens and I feel great. I even get up from my desk and orgainze the mess that has become the classrooms. I think, wow this is it! No more sick days! I then drive home and as soon as I walk into my apartment i am overcomed with sickness that all i do is sleep. I wake up the next day expecting yet another good day and I can barely make it from my desk to the bathroom and back. This is so not it!

Then I get 2 good days but instead of sickness i get cramps. One day it really freaked it me. I would sneeze and it would send shooting pains in my lower stomach. I asked a friend about it and she said she felt like it was stretching whenever she sneezed. That was a perfect way of describing it. I felt like my uterus was stretching to unknown limits and that it wouldn't stop and would be the size of a hot air balloon!!! A few days of non stop stretching and i was begging for the sickness instead. Well, as they say, "careful what you wish for!"

BJ says this "BOY" (poor thing is prolly a girl and is going to have a complex from being referred to as a boy for at least the first 5 months) is going to be a musical genius. Why you ask? Whenever BJ sings I get super sick. I say the baby is awake and going crazy which makes me sick. If BJ talks to my stomach for more in a mintue i will be overcomed in sickness. Its weird! Another instant sickness.. organ music. Church is the worst time ever for me. I feel great and amazing then I walk in the doors at church and I start getting tired and woozy. Then the first song starts and I start to sing then about halfway through the first verse I have to stop otherwise i start to gag. I sit there holding my stomach and usually ended up curled up in BJ's lap overcome with how sick I am. I try to eat snacks and drink water but after the 2nd talk i always feel better. Then comes the rest hymn. I'm sick until we get halfway through sunday school. Then off to relief society where were we sing again. Its not as bad since its the piano and not the organ but by that point I'm super hungry and just want to go home and take off the tight skirt i have on. Sundays always = super sick and growing pains!

The good thing i thought, was i like food again. Then came the overcoming of liking food. All i want to do is EAT EAT EAT. Unless i'm sick. The entire day at work, I'm eating anything i can get my hands on. Lunch is a HUGE meal for me always. BY dinner I'm usually a tad sick so I don't eat at night. I wake up starving! I have to eat the mintue after I pee. I've even started dreaming about food! I used to sit and watch BJ eat and be amazed at how much he could consume. Now I just want my food and his food. I always have food with me. My water bottle and food bag are always close by. Just last night i fell asleep and woke up and had to eat something. Its bad!

I'm barley starting to show. I'm sure its more of my fat then baby but none the less its sticking out. Now people who know think aww the baby bump. And i'm sure stangers are thinking, why is she wearing that tight shirt with that bulge?! I'm highly aware of my clothing these days. I take them off the mintue i can because i just feel constriced in them. My clothes still fit but some pants start to hurt after awhile. The baby is sitting right where I buckle my jeans so after a bit of it pushing i have to unbuckle them. I've started the rubber band trick. Not that I need to use the rubber band but its comfortable that way. I'm at the point where i just look thick and fat and i wanna go do p90x! I do plan on starting a light workout again now that i can stay awake after work. I just have to find time when i'm not sick. The other day I was talking to BJ about my boobs. No one else can tell but they are HUGE! I can't wait to get home to take off my bra. Its getting tight! Not like i'm growing out of it or anything. It now actually fits the way its suppose too. I told BJ that we are both going to be really sad after i'm done breastfeeding and my boobs go back to normal. If we think this is big wait til we get back the ity bity things. Its made me realize how small my boobs really are. BJ said not to worry that we can get them back some day after all the kids =] haha

We got our first baby item this week. My friend Sylvia is about 36 weeks prego and she asked if i needed a baby bed. She got 2 bassints and gave us one of them. It takes up a lot of our living room but we are excited about it.



The first question people ask you when they find out you're pregnant is, "When are you due?" then "What are you having?" Then "What do you think it is?"
Well thats a good question. BJ from day one has said its a boy.
Once I found out I was for sure pregnant, I was sitting at work folding all of our baby clothes. Girl clothes are so cute and I love looking through them and thinking about my future baby girl. I remember sitting there pushing aside all the girl clothes and holding each boy outfit and longing for a boy. That was really weird to me. I've always wanted a girl first. I know what to do with little girls. I know how to raise a girl. Then it popped into my head that I was having a boy. I told BJ and he said it was a boy. From then on, I keep seeing little girls and I think how cute they are and fun, but whenever a little boy comes along I find myself wanting a boy. It freaks me out thinking of having a boy. I think BJ needs a boy. He will be amazing no matter what, but he just needs a boy. Like every other guy. When I got pregnant, I knew. I woke up in the middle of the night and I just knew I was pregnant. I didn't feel differenet, nothing was wrong, I just knew. Do I feel that way about the gender? No, not really. I'm hoping its a boy! but secertly I want a girl. I guess thats a good thing. No matter what i'm excited. But i'm nervous to see if these boy feelings are right or not.

I'll be 20 weeks the last week of Decemeber. Now that we are thinking of moving sooner I might not get to find out until Janurary some time. We might do an ultrasound at 18 weeks and see if we tell what it is. That would mean knowing 2 weeks early but that also means less certainty. I have a friend who went early and they said it was a girl then later a boy. So i have mixed feelings but I guess we will see what happens. Thats still at least a month away.

No comments: