Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day of fun






 Being the amazing wife that I am I found a place where we could rent quads to go ride around on. We are always talking about wanting to go ride and play on quads or jet skis for a day. We finally got to go do it!!! All in all it was quite the expensive trip but we had a blast!!!! We got to drive this '97 F350. I now really want one!!! You can fit 6 people in there and have room for everyone. Plus its a truck! I'm all for it!!!
We wanted to camp out in Bumble Bee. Ya know those signs you always see on the highway and wonder whats really past those rolling hills. I've been driving along the I-17 since I was a baby. I've always seen the signs for Bumble Bee, Horse Thief Bason, Bloody Bason and have wondered what was there. I've always seen dirt roads out in the mountains and wondered how people got out there. I finally found out! With some help from Dad we found a place to pull off on the side of a dirt road and pitched our tent. BJ was nice enough to let me wear his footie PJ's and didn't kick me away during the night and slept right next to me all night long. I was freezing and had the blanket over my head all night. Little did I know that wasn't going to change!

 BJ and I took a dirt road all the way to Crown King. That is a very remote and small town up far away in no wheres ville. We didn't bring any gloves and I had a sweater over a long sleeve shirt and regular shirt with a pair of jeans. BJ just wore his new fleece jacket and shirt with jeans. We got the awesome helmets from the place so they kept our faces some what warm. We headed up the road and the sun went behind clouds then BAM is was COLD!!!!! We would make frequent stops just so we could warm our hands up. It was so very cold. We made it to Crown king and went into the little shop and drank a cup of hot coco. We also got some yummy popcorn. We were there for about an hour just trying to get warm. 

 We ended up heading up the way to Horse Thief Bason area. They have a camp spot with cabins and cute little lake. We pulled over and walked around the lake. At this point I was kind of getting tired and hungry. So we headed back to crown king.
 This little place saved us!! We came back here for another hour and had lunch. I was so hungry at that point. We brought stuff to make BLTs and watched the people roll in and out with all their toys. It was starting to get a tad warmer but only if you stayed in the sun. I had a pair of socks on me so we each wore one on the non throttle hand.
 We headed back down to the truck because we wanted to make sure we were close enough to pack up and head out when the time came to leave. We rode back and unpacked the food and filled up our tanks again. BJ wanted to just go and find some random dirt rodes. It took a couple of dead ends but then we found a killer trail. We headed down it and saw a road that looked really sweet. We found the way to it and took off. IT ended up being super amazing! We got to go up fun rocky roads and down steep jagged roads. Then we found a trail that was full of sand and got to fish tail around the trees for a bit. On our way back we followed the trail along the telephone wires. Those trails are always the best. It had some sweet bumps and we were able to get some fun air off of them!

We found this windmill out in the middle of now where. It was cool to see a real windmill and watch it pump water from an under ground well and pump it out. BJ said it was for the cows. I had never seen a real life windmill before so  I thought it was awesome.
All in all we had a sweet day. We were full of dust and dirt and by the time we dropped off the quads I was starving! We headed to panda express then went on home. At that point my neck was starting to feel sore and I just wished for a warm bath and a massage. Thankfully BJ's parents have a huge jacuzzi tub and let us come have a bubble bath. It was so nice to sit in a warm bubble bath and feel the jets as we relaxed. Great way to end the day!!! I was super sore the next day and after church I spent the day in bed watching movies but we had a great time and hope to do it again some day!!!! 

1 comment:

Kerri said...

wow, that sounds like so much fun. i want to do it. i think brad would really appreciate the desert if we did that someday. so cool.

i really like the last picture of you and bruce, you never have pictures of your faces like that. you are so beautiful. bruce is one lucky guy. i think i could see that pregnancy glow in it too.