Monday, November 8, 2010

Rest of halloween

On saturday  we all went out to the lake and took the sail boat out for the first time. Everyone camped out but we just got up early and met everyone up there. We took our bikes and everyone took turns riding around. BJ and Jack went out on the boat and tried to figure it out. It wasn't BJ's favorite but we need more practice. Everyone went out once minus me and dan. I was having a good day and didn't want to risk getting sick. Everyone said it rocked a lot. So i just sat on the beach and talked and took a nap. We all got a little pink but it was nice weather and fun to just hang out.

BJ invited the missionaries over for dinner on halloween. We also have to have someone investigating or new member if we feed them so I figured it would be perfect to have a halloween dinner!!
Can you see my sweet bean dip!? I made a spider web out of olives. We also had blue corn chips to eat it with.

 I also invited my friend Jessica and her hubby because there was a lot of food. They dressed up as motor bike riders and BJ and had our 50's outfits on. We didn't take a picture of us but got all dressed in my 50's dress with pearls and an apron and he had his church clothes with his bow tie and sleeves rolled up.
 I asked mom to come up with names for my meal and when BJ saw the names he said he didn't feel like eating any more! He made me tell everyone what it was so they would be ok eating it because the names might make them not eat! He is so funny!! These are the frankenstine brains... or jalepenos with cream cheese wrapped in bacon. These are the suckers that caused so much problems but are soooo yummy!!!!
Sauteed maggots or Spanish rice.. the guy we invited who is investigating saw this and was all " speaking of maggots I have a story about them!" Jesscia's eyes got really big! I laughed and changed the subject.

Apples or bits of dragon tail. We had bat goo to go with them or carmel!


BJ's witches brew! He wanted to make home made rootbeer but we didn't have time to figure out how so we just bought rootbeer and dry ice. He was very excited for the dry ice and it added a cool effect to the table
These were the mummifed fingers. I tired out a new recipe for chicken enchiladas. They turned out pretty good! We and lizard guts for the sauce. A cilantro chili sauce. All in all it was a very yunmy dinner. I didn't take a picutre of my spider cupcakes and dirt and worms but they were both very yummy!!!

I love having dinner parties. I get to use all my cute serving plates that I got from the wedding. I get to try new foods out. The guy pointed out that I prolly shouldn't try new recipes out on guests. I didn't realize it but every time people come over I always try something new that I've never done before. I think its better to try new stuff with guests because if it doesn't turn out you just say oh well guess we wont do that one again. If you cook one of you favorite meals and then no one likes it, what does that say about your meal?!?! So i'll stick to trying new stuff out on people! =] I also like having dinner parties because BJ does the dishes in our house. I can have fun cleaning the place up and pulling every single dish out to cook or serve with and then BJ will clean it up. He also loves to help with the cooking process. We do have a dishwasher but have never used it. Mostly he washes and i dry and put away. This time I did a lot of washing because his hands were still buring. He was nice enough to do the hard pans that needed scrubbing. By that point i just need to sit down and then a fell asleep.

This was a very fun halloween!!! WE did lots and I felt good through out most of it! I went from single and going to the halloween dance, to married and doing the chili cook off and trunk or treat, to next year having a baby to dress up!!!! I love halloween!

No comments: