Thursday, November 18, 2010

Baby jitters

When I got pregnant I downloaded like 5 different apps on my iPhone to keep track of my baby. Each one says something different so I read each one every week. I always tell BJ the exciting things that is happening with the baby but he has never read the pages in my books that I told him too or looked through my baby magazines. Since he got his iPhone I was setting it up for him and I just put all the apps that I had and he had on his ipod on his phone. He got some dumb ones we just never deleted but he also go all my pregnancy apps. I didn't think anything of it and I told him he could delete the ones he didn't want.

The other day he came home and said, "Hey did you know that the baby is the size of a lemon this week!!!" I was a little stunned. He never tells me baby stats, I tell him. Of course, I already knew that but I wondered how he figured it out. He said he put the due date in for one of the apps and read about this week and thought it was super cool. He then asked which one was better and which one I read. I told him I use all five so last night as I was falling asleep he sat and put the due date in all of them. He stayed up and read to me all of the weekly updates and then the daily ones too. He kept saying, "Did you know, oh wait I bet you do know, you know all of this, but this is really cool....." He was so excited about reading everything. It was cute listening to him read all the stuff I had already read. I think all the stuff I've been telling him and being excited for finally has hit him now that he reads it himself.

I have 6 students who are pregnant and they all are different weeks. I'm the farthest behind and 3 of them have found out what they are having. We have deaf students who need interpreters and one of them is pregnant. The other one has a daughter who is pregnant. Everyone  is pregnant! I have many friends that are pregnant. Its so exciting to see all the ultrasounds and the expanding tummies.

I haven't yet felt any kicking yet. They say around 16-20 weeks is when it really starts to happen. I have felt weird things though. BJ was trying to tickle me once and I got the weirdest sensation in my lower stomach. Then BJ sat and talked to my tummy and again I got a weird sensation. Kind of like when you go over a hill and you weren't expecting it. It was like .5 secs but still weird. Then yesterday BJ and I were fighting about each of us being a poop head. We were standing in the kitchen play yelling at each other to stop being a pooper and BJ walked over to me and was tryin to be louder ( yeah our neighbors must really love us!) when I felt a strong pang in my lower stomach. I told BJ to stop yelling the Baby doesn't like us fighting. He looked at me funny and I told him I had a strong pang and to stop yelling. We stopped yelling and i didn't feel it anymore. It was strange. IDK what it was but I'll just say it was the baby. I can't wait to really feel something and know that its the baby! SO many exciting things are starting to happen!!!!!!

No comments: