Monday, November 8, 2010

Chilli cook off and Trunk or treat

For halloween this year we went as Cowboys! I found my amazing boots at Savers and we got BJ some boots from cowtown. Yes we know boys don't wear their boots over their jeans but we had to show off his boots too. We wanted to go as Tim the tool man taylor and tool girl but we couldn't find cheap tool belts. So cowboy it was. We both wore them our outfits to work too. We always have the kids dress up and trick or treat to the classrooms. BJ just wears that outfit normally with his jeans over his boots. It was fun to go to work in our "outfits"!

My sister and brother in law Maire and Saloman are in our ward too.

 
Since it was a chili cook off I wanted to try my hand at chili. I have never made chili before so I just found recipe online. I wanted to make corn bread too. BJ did the cornbread and it was AMAZING!!! We used my cute flower pan. It tasted like corn cake! It was so good!!! The chili was for like 4 people. Our little pan was tiny campared to everyones crockpot. It was a dead give away that we made the smallest portion of chili. It acutally tasted like chili! It wasn't good but I was just excited to particpate in my first chili cook off. I'll find a better recipe next year!

You can't really see it but for the trunk or treat we decorated our trunk. I didn't have any halloween decorations so I borrowed stuff from work. I was all worried that ours was going to be super lame and everyone would have really cool stuff. Growing up our ward always went all out with their trunks so I was sad mine only had a few things. BJ found a cool halloween mix on youtube so we played scary music while we passed out candy. Turns out our car was the coolest because no one else decorated at all!!!! We kind of scared all the kids with our music. They timidly would come up to our car with big eyes and look at all the stuff and kind of just stand there. It was very entertaining. We did better this year and bought 2 big bags of candy but still ran out pretty fast. All in all our first ward halloween party was a sucess and we higly enjoyed ourselves!!!

No comments: