Monday, November 15, 2010

Spoiled Boy

BJ turns another year old this next Sunday! He can't ever make up his mind on what he wants. We were going to get a love sak as his gift then he wasn't so sure. Then we were going to get him a bunch of stuff like video games and clothes and stuff like that. Then he wasn't so sure.

 His brothers blackberry broke so BJ was helping him fix it. It was BJ's old phone and we were talking about how he went from that to his poopy phone now. For my birthday I got an iPhone 3GS. BJ got on the plan with me so we could just do a family plan. I asked him if he wanted an iphone too but he said no. He didn't even want a blackberry. He picked out a refurbished touch phone for $.01 and has been using that. He was starting to get annoyed with it and thought it was time to get back to a blackberry. I told him it could be his birthday present so we looked into it.

We went to go buy it and the lady stopped us and asked why were weren't getting the iphone. BJ was stumped and the lady told him to wait and do research on all the smart phones then come back and get the one he really wanted. So we spent the week reading everything we could about the Blackberry, iPhone, Driods, Plam Pre, and Windows 7 phone. We got it down to the blackberry and iphone. I wasn't sure why he would go blackberry if the iphone was there. Everything pointed that it is the #1 selling phone and everyone is trying to beat it out. People only go to other phone cuz they have something against apple really. The blackberry is great for email but nothing else. Finally we went to the store and BJ still couldn't make up his mind.

Finally I said we were getting the iPhone and he would just have to be happy with it. After we left i wasn't sure if he was happy with it or not. But we bought him a case and put the screen protector on it and he is stoked. I'm super jealous! His phone is so so so much better then mine! Its amazing! Every time i pick his up and I just sigh at how beautiful the screen is! The only thing i'm not jealous about is I have the unlimited data plan. They got rid of that because 98% of people only use up to 2 gigs of data. We got BJ the small plan so he has to be careful to use internet unless he has wifi. We looked up my data usage and I use way over 3 gigs of memory a month. Almost 4 really. I'm in the 2% that use more then 2 gigs a month. But I am always on the internet or using apps that use the interenet. Once we move to Idaho we will be getting wireless so BJ will be able to use his phone more. He really just uses texts and plays soltire so its perfect for him.

For my birthday we went horseback riding. Thats what I wanted to do! I was trying to figure out what to do for BJ this year. He was sick on his birthday last year and we fought the whole day so I figured we had to something amazing to make up for it.
I found a place in phoenix that rents quads and tow packages for 24 hours. I showed BJ and said we could do this or something else. Whichever you want. He then stated " Oh yeah lets do something else cuz that will be more fun then going out on quads for the day!" So we reserved 2 quads for this weekend! We are going to camp out then spend the day riding. IDK how much fun it will be for me. I'll be super paronid the whole time and prolly ride super slow and BJ will be a manic and do all his crazy stuff. But it will be worth it to let him have a great birthday. We figured this is our last year of doing extreme fun stuff at least for awhile.

No comments: