Thursday, October 28, 2010

few days shy of 2nd trimester!

Our oh so cute baby!!!!

We had our doctor appointment yesterday (where i also got to see my cousin Arla!). I'll be in my 2nd trimester starting next week!!! I was hoping to get an ultra sound because I saw someones 10 week ultra sound and you could see that the baby finally looks like a baby. We went in and my doctor said Ultra sound or just hear the heart beat? We of course picked ultra sound!! We had to wait like an hour extra because someone else was in there but it was oh so worth it!! This shot is soooo cute!! The baby was waving to us!!! I'm always super nervous to go to the doctors so I'm always very quiet. I look forward to seeing the little heart beating! It makes me feel so much better to see it pumping away!! BJ was excited that it looks like a baby now. The doctor commented that the baby is really long. Maybe we'll have a tall kid?!

It finally has hit home that I'm pregnant! Yes I've known and yes I've seen it but now its a baby baby!!!! The umbilical cord is functioning. The baby is growing and developing! It makes me oh so happy! I've been so worried to make it to my 2nd trimester! I've kind of been waiting for that milestone to really believe I was having a baby and to stop worrying so much. Now that I've seen the baby and the doctor says everything is great I'm soo overly excited. I want to go buy something for the baby. I don't have anything! Its hard not knowing the gender but I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy something for the baby soon because I'm just so excited!! We are getting a baby bouncer thing and bath tub so thats something but I'm ready for the baby stuff to pile up! We will prolly wait til idaho to get stuff but i want it all now!! =]

Things are getting better too. I'm hungry again! Which is an amazing feeling! I never thought I'd be excited to be hungry! I'm not really eating bigger portions but I am wanting to eat more often now. I have to get back to eating healthy stuff again. I got to the point where certain things made me feel better ie roman noddles, salty chips, that I would eat those and not really eat that much at dinner. Now I need to focus on meals and not so much the nibbles to get me through the day. I have so much more engery now. Its amazing how all of a sudden I'm awake and want to do things. I can make it through work without getting sick if I don't over do it. I still get sick at night but it has started later like around 7:30-8ish instead of 4.  I still want to be in bed by 9 every night but I can stay up later if I have too. Each day is different but so far I can see and feel and change which is what i've been waiting for. And thank goodness because this is going to be an action packed weekend! (Friday is a chili/trunk and treat with maybe a scare farm, Saturday is boating all day, Sunday is huge halloween dinner!)

Yesterday I had a really good day and had a very normal work day where I think I over did it too much so by the time I got home from the doctors I felt blaha and tired. We were watching our Friends disk and I didn't feel good at all. BJ was rubbing my tummy and asked how I felt. I made the comment that we should be able to take turns. I'd be ok if he got sick one day and me the other. He chuckeld and said " I feel like the number of kids we planned on having is slowly slipping away to a very small number." hahaha I said I'd be ok with lots of kids if he could take a turn or two! Everyone keeps asking how many we are shooting for. I just want to make it through this one first! In a few years we will talk about the next but i'm not throwing any kind of numbers out there. What ever happens happens but I'm just thinking of this kid for now!!!!

Oh and we found a name that we really like if its a boy! BJ made up his mind that he does not want to have a third! WOO HOO!!! He met a third and made fun of the guy for it and realized he would be doing that to his own son so he doesn't want to do that anymore. I was more then ok but then I got worried because I've never thought about boy names before. I have plently of girl names so if its a girl that wont be a problem at all. But a boy?!?! I started going through names and then a friend of mine made a comment and I fell in love with the idea. I'm not going to say what the idea is until we know for sure because its one of those things where I'll say it and everyone is going to give me crap for it. So until we know if its a boy or not I'm not saying what it is but If it is a boy I'm like 90% sure we will name it this because I love love love it!! I don't care what crap people will give me when they find out because it just too cute not to use! And if my kid hates me I'll just say well your dads name is BJ and I'm Krystal Balls so get over it! hahaha And to be honest no name I ever pick will make having the last name Balls any better! =]

1 comment:

Kerri said...

The second trimester is the best. You will love it! And BJ changed his mind about a third, he was all about that this summer. IF you're having a boy (which I think it's a girl) I bet BJ goes back to Bj when he sees him.... Brad never even entertained the idea of naming Forrest after him, but when he held his son for the first time he said to me "maybe we should name his Brad, it really is a great name." Guys are so funny about their sons. I hear lots of men do that sort of thing. So, just be prepared for that.