Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkins!

                                                                This is my pumpkin
This is BJ's pumpkin!
His pumpkin is HUGE!!

We love halloween time! We wanted to go to a pumpkin patch but we couldn't find one where you can just pick a pumpkin. All them had fees to get in and stuff that went along with the patch. We just wanted a pumpkin! So we headed over to Fry's and found the 2 best pumpkins!

My husband really is the best! I love that he gets excited for things that I love to do as well! We got our pumpkins on Fri and he asked me several times a day when we were going to carve them. I was waiting til Sunday because we had an action filled weekend.

Here's some TMI for ya! BJ thought it would be better to carve them naked. He said it would be so much better because we could just take a shower after and it didn't matter if we got the guts all over the place. That meant NO pictures of the carving process haha. It was all fine and dandy until our home teachers came over right as we were finishing our pumpkins. We had to run and get our robes then get super embarresed as BJ opens the door for them and tells them to find a seat and laying all over the couch in plain view.... my bra, our G's, our church clothes! Yeah that was tad awkward.

We did get really good pumpkins this year! We got a ton of seeds and not so much stringy guts.  Bj is the perfect person to carve pumpkins with because when he starts a project he finishes it and does it the right way. Me, I get excited then get bored half way through and do a pretty poor finish job. My pumpkins always have stringy guts hanging down and you can see them when you light it. I never like scraping it clean. Thankfully my husband does not allow stingy guts to be left so I cleaned it until I got bored then he took over and finished it for me. I finished mine carving mine and he hadn't even finished cleaning his out yet. But that worked out great for us because that meant I could eat and watch him and then feel up to cleaning up afterwards. I hate cleaning up right as you finish carving. It took him forever to carve his face which gave me time to be ready to clean up when he was done.

Now I just need to find a copy of Hocus Pocus!!!!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

ah, the joys of the newly wed nudist colony! funny story!