Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The ups and downs

I must compare being pregnant to a roller coaster. Why the eyeglasses you ask?

Well I discovered mine yesterday. I have a ton of reading to get caught up on during my fall break (not doing so good on that though) and reading makes me queasy. A co-worker suggested I get glasses just while I'm pregnant. I have glasses I just never wear them unless I go on a rode trip. They help with the car sickness. So yesterday I tried them out and I read a whole chapter and a half without getting queasy once! WOO HOO! I thought it would be a good idea to go get an eye exam and see if I could use better glasses since the ones I have I got 6 years ago!!!! So I go to the recommended Dr. the Balls family uses ( You know the one that helped Tom when he lost his eye and they are mormon and live in our stake so you pretty much have to go to them) I'm used to going to all the recommended Balls places because they usally are the only ones approved by my husband. And its just not worth the fight. 1/2 the time they are good. Usually they make some comment about the Balls and I'm always super uncomfortable because I'm nothing like any of them and don't want to make a bad impression for them. Well I go and my appointment was at 10:15. Thank goodness the iPhone was invented because I didn't even get into the room until 11:11. I was watching a tv show so no big deal... then they do the whole eye thing and the dr comes in... doesn't even say hi! and says well it just looks like you want new glasses. Then goes on to ask why I was there. I explain the whole pregnant issue. It looks at me as if i'm an idiot and says well it should not affect your reading, just distance maybe. He goes on and on about how dumb I am and how he guesses he'll continue the exam but it seems like a waste of time cuz he could just give a paper and I can go get new glasses if i really want them. I was so hurt!! A- no nice manners and i'm a new patient. Not even a hi nice to meet you or congrats on the baby. nothing. B- new glasses would be nice if i need them but i'm not going to drop$100 on them if mine work. Thats why i'm getting an exam cuz i haven't in 6 years!!! He gets up and leaves and I wait another 30 minutes to finish the exam. He then comes in and I guess he finally looked at my paper work and asks about Bruce.  But he had gotten Bruce and Matt mixed up and didn't realize I was Bruce's new wife and that he came to our wedding. He then realized it and got all super nice and icky and asked me questions. But after he again tells me i'm an idiot for thinking i need glasses for reading. At that point I just wanted to leave. I barely made it out of the office before the tears came. I cried the whole way home. I have tears in my eyes thinking about it. After he realized I was a member of THE BALLS family he was nice. Not before he realized that. And he continued to tell me I was an idiot. I know i'm more upset because I'm prolly just having a super emtional day. But still. I don't like him and I'm never giving them my business again. No more going to recommended places. I'm finding my own!!! Don't people know you have to be nice to pregnant women who are sick 24-7 and are just trying to find any thing that makes them feel normal?!?!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

He's the idiot, your eyes are totally affected by pregnancy, everything is. Everyone knows that. What a KREJ!! I'm glad your glasses help with not feeling so sick. I always feel sick reading when I'm prego too. Have you heard of those prego pops, the suckers? They say they are amazing and really help. You get them at a health food store. I think they have ginger in them or something. Also, you could try sea bands. They helped me... I can send mine to you with the prego clothes since I don't need 'em anymore. Sorry you had a crappy eye appointment. When stuff like that happens, find a way to treat yourself you shouldn't have to deal with that kind of crap and since you did you deserve a treat.