Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Baby Update

We went to the our appointment today and got an ultrasound! Everything is great!

I'm measuring at 7.5 weeks! The due date is May 15, 2011!!!!

The baby is 1/2 an inch long! We saw its little heart beating and got to listen to it!!! BJ and I were were happy to see and hear its little heart beat beat beating!!!

This last week I finally discovered Saltine Crackers! Everyone always talks about how they are great when you are queasy but for some reason I never tried them. I tried everything else which didn't work! Then I ate a cracker and it was simply magical!!!!! I now have a box at work and at home!!!! I still forget to nibble on them when I can't function but as soon as I do its such a relief!!!

BJ and I are adjusting. Saturday I just wanted to lay in bed all day long and do zero. I feel really bad and want to go and run around and do stuff with my husband but I'm so tired all the time. Since I work all week long Saturday is the only day that  I can lay in bed all day.  After a melt down or two we finally were able to figure out what each other wanted to do. Its hard when we are busy from morning til night each day of the week but we are adjusting and BJ is finding things do around the house when I want to go to bed at 9 instead of 10:30.

I'm still queasy all day long. I try and sit with my feet up at work which helps a lot. If I do anything for to long it makes me queasy. Reading small text really gets me fast! Which is bad for my schooling. I'm super behind on all my reading but thankfully I have fall break next week and I can catch up!

 I usually have one day where I just cramp and feel bad. Yesterday was a cramping tired I just wanna lay down day. What to Expect When you are Expecting, answers lots of my questions. Thanks to Misty for letting me borrow it!!! Its told me it was ok to feel cramping cuz its prolly just the uterus growing.

I also found out that the nasty metallic taste I get everyday is another side affect of being prego. That one is weird and so not fun to taste but there isn't much I can do about it. I just keep gum handy!

I'm still not eating very much. I've already lost some weight because of it. I eat all day long but very small portions. At work I eat a plate that we would make the kids and hardly ever finish it. At home BJ finishes his and my plate. Its a good thing he bikes 20+ miles each week.

I'm disgusted by anything sweet or chocolate. I've had maybe one bowl of ice cream and sherbet and thats about all I have been able to handle. If BJ eats a cookie then kisses me I have to push him away other wise I gag in his face.

I haven't thrown up yet! I gag a lot though! The other day I was cleaning out the fridge and was gagging left and right. Finally BJ said, "Please don't clean it out. I will do it later!!" Its pretty funny sometimes!

I crave Subways tuna sandwhiches!!!!! I know I should only eat up to 12 oz of fish a week so when I can talk BJ in to going to Subway I always get super excited!!!! Most of the time I don't ever think about food or want food, but i make myself eat. Sometimes I'll see something like an sign for PIZZA and WINGS and I want it sooo bad but we never go get what I say i want cuz either, A- We will get there and I will get disgusted by the food. or B- I'll eat like 3 bites and be full. BJ just chuckles when I say something sounds good and we move on. I have been craving BBQ for a week now so we finally bought some ribs to make. I'm super excited for those!!!! BJ is too cuz he will prolly get the full rack and I will get like 2 haha so sad!

BJ now goes to the store wtih me when I get food. He makes sure we have our meals and get stuff only for that and not just listen to what I think sounds good and never eat it. We have lots of food that BJ just can't eat by himself.  I didn't make dinner at all last week cuz i just could not think about food. BJ has been cooking this week since i've been sleeping in and getting to work later. Thankfully this year my work schedule is flexible and I can come in whenever I want. I try to get home the same time as BJ but there are days I just need sleep.

Pregnancy really turns your world around! Its fun and so exciting! I always have some fact to tell BJ. Like at week 8 or something the baby is 10,000 times the size it was at conception. Or my favorite.. Pregnant women are working more then what it would be like to run a full marthon! Thats crazy! I've ran and thats exhusting and hard work! 26 miles running is crazy tiring and a lot of work. But pregnancy is worse that that?!?!?! Yeah BJ finally got why I am always tired. HA I love it!!

I will be 20 weeks the last week of December. We plan on moving up to Idaho that week so we are going to get an ultrasound done before we leave so we can know the sex of the baby!!! Thankfully since I have insurance right now and I had it before I got pregnant BYU-I wont see it as a pre-exisiting condition and I will be covered on their plan. That was a big relief!

My next appointment is in 4 weeks. Did anyone else do the ultrasound and blood test to check for down syndrome. I'm leaning towards no... what did you do???

5 comments:

Misty said...

Hi Krystal! Happy to hear the update, its so funny to hear all your symptoms, since I JUST got over all that stuff. I was SOOOOOOOOOO tired for the first 2 trimesters, it was ridiculous...so get used to it. I did get the ultrasound and check for downs, it was just part of the routine at my dr. It was no big deal, but we didnt do any genetic testing, because we were going to have her no matter what, so it wasnt worth it.

Let me know if you have any questions or just want to commiserate, I know how rough it is to be pregnant..lol mine was horrible! :)

Liz said...

For all the 3 pregnancies I have done every test they have open to me. I don't think it would change how i feel about said baby in my tummy but it would be good to know a head of time to prepare myself and others..

Ali said...

NO! what difference will it make??? you will be far too attached to that baby regardless. And there are a million resources available after birth if by chance down syndrome was a factor. Unless necessary, skip the test. that baby is yours forever no matter what! there are so many "worries" during pregnancy and your mind goes crazy over every little thing that "could" go wrong. but it won't make your love or responsibility to your child any different. my best advice I got while super pregnant with London was from a friend that said "your baby is the safest and most comfortable than they will ever be, INSIDE you." enjoy having them that close. that perfect. that pure. and save the worrying and tests for when they are OUT.

and sour patch kids and black licorice helped me with pregnancy "all day" sickness :)

Kerri said...

I never do any of the testing. I know people who have and gotten all worked up over it only to find out the test was wrong. I really don't see the advantage of doing the tests (especially since they can be wrong). You are young the chances of down syndrome is way less and honestly there's nothing you can do about it. But, whatever I guess. I'm glad you are enjoying being prego. I'm enjoying NOT being prego!

Jalaire said...

My doctor told me what I woud do if the outcome of the test is positive. If the outcome doesn't change whether or not I would continue the pregnancy, he recommended I not have the test done. The possible side affects of the test, though slim, were not worth the risk.

Your post brings back so many memories! I remember being deathly ill when I was pregnant with Emily. NOTHING sounded good and smells made me gag, too. I struggled with being in the grocery story and had to avoid the meat and seafood aisle and the coffee aisle. Both would send me into dry heave.

I also found that if I wasn't in the room when the food was cooking I did a whole lot better. I'd go in the bedroom and shut the door and Pat would call me when the meal was ready. I also had what we came to call the "done reflect." I would be eating and suddenly I was DONE. I couldn't eat another bite.

My doctor suggested that I keep dry foods and wet foods separate. Eat your meal and wait 20-30 minutes before drinking liquids. Something about mixing wet and dry increases the nausea. It worked for me. You might try it. He also suggested what he called the BRAT diet when the nausea was worst: Bananas, Rice, Apples, Toast. They seemed to calm my stomach best.

Good luck! I hope your stomach settles down soon.