Friday, September 24, 2010

Newlyweds

Come the 26th we will have been married for 3 months! CRAZY how fast time flies compared to the 3 months before the wedding.

I was reading a friends blog who just got married and it made me chuckle. All newlyweds go through different things it seems.

BJ and I have had a very easy transistion. The first time we went grocery shopping was when I lived with stephanie and we bought food together because I made dinner for him every night. So when we got married it was just another shopping trip. The difference is when I go by myself or if he comes with me. I've only sent him once by himself. If BJ comes along we buy what we went there for. If I go by myself I always get way more then what I went there for.

This last trip was bad because for some reason I had a sweet tooth. Our house doesn't contain any chocholate, unless they are chips for cookies that we make for OTHER people. Ice cream is a treat we get randomly but mostly we like going out for ice cream. I NEVER ever buy soda, its always simply lemonade and OJ. We had chocholate hugs in the fridge from a wedding present that BJ ate sometimes.
This last trip I bought...... cookies, cream soda, kisses with almonds, cookie n cream ice cream. BJ was soooooooo excited! Idk what came over me. Since i've bought that stuff i've had one bowl of ice cream, and like 3 sips of Bj's cream sodas.

Sweet stuff is not anything that i want right now. AT ALL!!! which is weird!

The only thing about our transition that was weird was BJ got upset that I was going to make him hang up his shirts and he only had one cubby hole. I moved my jewerly and gave him 3 cubby holes and he was happy. No problems since then.

We both take turns cleaning. We both do the laundry. I cook, he cleans up after.

It pretty much is the best living arrangments I have ever had!

We share the bed nicely, he only steals the blankets sometimes and moves all crazy sometimes. He did body slam me one night when he was sleeping and I did kind of go crazy and push him with all my might and thought really hard about kicking him... then he laughed at me in his sleep! Man was i pissed! Then i fell back asleep. He remembered nothing about it.

I control the money. BJ doesn't spend money. EVER. Its like he doesn't have it.  I do all the bills and know how much is in the account every day and when he has a day that he cares he asks me and I tell him. We like to not spend money for awhile then spend lots all at once. We are working on that. BJ spoils me like crazy. If i want something he says, well lets think about it, after 5 mins ok lets do it. =]

We both spend as much time together as possible which means we have no life without each other. We plan everything around each other and never really do things on our own. Thats been changing a bit with me being so sick and tired, its been kind of hard but we are working on it. And he now has his game cube that entertains him, and his ipod.

We text all day long and get home quickly from work just so we can hang out. BJ has fallen in love with Friends, and we watch it as soon as it comes in the mail! We used to ride our bikes and go play raquetball a lot... now I just wanna sleep. But he is always willing to go on a walk or do something sporty when i ask!

He makes me giggle.. laugh out loud.. and shake my head. Everyone tells ya how great it is to be married but you never really know until you get married to your best friend and your days are so much better cuz he is there!!!!!!

1 comment:

Hebner Happenings said...

What's nice about being married is that you get to be FOREVER. I still smile when I wake up next to my honey...and I love being able to kiss him whenever I want.