Monday, October 18, 2010

The happenings

Life is pretty much getting back to normal. The week off for Fall Break was AMAZING! I had a really hard time last week coming back to work. I made it through without too much complaining.

I am offically 10 weeks! The say the baby is a little over an inch long and the size of a prune. Almost everyone but dad thinks I'm having a boy. BJ is convined that its a boy. He only refers to "it" as "he". I think all guys are like that. We have 10 more weeks until we get to know for sure!!!

Some engery is coming back to me. Last Saturday we went to clean the church and I vaccumed the back half of the building. We woke up and headed right over then after we cleaned we came back home and I took a 2-3 hour nap. It pretty much zapped me all my energy for the rest of the day. This saturday we went on a 6 mile bike ride and ran errands all day long and even went to the movies. I only took 2 one hour naps! Thats a huge improvement! Sunday was bad. We didn't have time to eat breakfast and when I don't eat that just means bad news! By the time we got home I just threw myself on the bed and cried because I was so sick and couldn't even move. My loving husband jumped to make me something to eat, let me eat in bed, then let me sleep it off for 3 hours. I had a few more gagging episodes that day and couldn't really get off the couch but thankfully it was Sunday and I didn't have too!

For the most part I've been getting less sick which is nice. I have longer periods of relief during the day at work which is good, but I'm still really sick at nights which isn't good for my school work. My emotions have started to become a tad crazy too. I'm also even more antisocial then I was. Its hard for me to enjoy work when I don't want to be around anyone. Its weird but I blame it on not feeling good.

Me and food are starting to be friends again. Some days not so good of friends but we are getting there. I still eat half of a kids portion but I'm wanting to eat that at least! I've discovered that I love potatoes cooked anyway. I can eat potatoes all day long!!!!


Popcorn always is good and always sounds good to eat and I can eat a whole bowl by myself. Pizza always sounds good even if I only eat a slice. I still can't go grocery shopping alone because I want any and everything at the store but will not eat it once I get home.

The craziest thing I've discovered was cinnamon. Ever since I can rememeber I have gotten sick whenever I smell cinnamon anything. I get a very bad headache and if i smell it long enough I will throw up! I always hold my breath as I walk past cinnabon at the mall. I just can't handle the smell. Its weird! I walked in Fry's last week and they had an apple cinnamon candle in the flower department. I stopped and took a deep breath and thought YUM that smells soooooooo good!!!! I didn't want to walk away. Then it hit me that it was cinnamon and I freaked out just a little bit! I must be pregnant if I thought cinnamon smelt good!!!!!

BJ and I went to walmart to buy a boom box for the drive ins. I have been wanting apples and carmel for awhile so we were searching for the carmel when I smelt something heavenly! I had to have it!! I found BBQ pulled pork and thought thats what i was smelling and told BJ I had to buy it. Then we kept walking and the smell was so powerful that I went in search of it cuz I just had to eat it. I found a lady sampling chill and I told her I had to have some!!! BJ was laughing the whole time! He thought I was a tad nuts for tracking down the smell. But there was no way I was leaving with out eating whatever smelled so good! =]


1 comment:

Kerri said...

Well, if cravings are an indication of what you are having, I'd guess you are having a girl. With Kaci all I wanted was potatoes, red sauce, and popcorn. With Forrest all I wanted was Bacon and chocolate. Plus, you sound pretty emotional, which is normal especially with this being your first, but I think I was way more emotional with Kaci. They say girls are harder on your emotions because of the hormone conflict... so, I'm with Dad, I bet it's a girl and you'll have an oldest girl too, just like me and kim.