Monday, January 31, 2011

25 weeks

Well life is pretty much good.

My belly doesn't look much different so no picture this week.

Some days I feel like its tiny and can't possible have a human child growing inside of it, and other days I feel like a cow! It just depends on how she is laying really.

I've concluded that I am carrying really low. There is a girl in my ward that has my exact due date and her belly is cute and round and high. Mine just looks like a fat mans beer belly. =] She is always sitting really low and my belly hangs out of all my shirts. I still fit in all my regular shirts, which I'm not sure is a good thing or not. They just are harder to keep pulled down over the gut then my XL shirts. Pants are not my friends. I have yet to try the gross pants with the huge band that covers half my stomach. All my pants are the low cut 2nd trimester kind. I only have one pair that has the blue band and its not very big. I'm waiting until I can't stand my clothes anymore before I try buying different pants.

This last week people have brought up baby showers. I keep telling people I prolly wont have one. My friend Jessica said she wanted to do a long distance one for me. I told her it wasn't a big deal but we'll see what she ends up doing. I made the mistake of telling a girl in my ward the same thing and now she says she is planning me one. That one I would rather NOT have. I hate trying to be fake and I don't know the girls in my ward and even by the time the baby comes I'd feel bad to have one. They are all poor and shouldn't buy me stuff. They should buy their own babies stuff lol.

BUT all this talk has made me wonder what I really do need and look into buying.

This is my
 " I'm a cool mom and rich so my kid can have the top of the line, don't really have to have " 
list....

A Ju Ju Bee backpack diaper bag!

If you don't know what that is go to this site. Its AMAZING and perfect!!


A green Phil and Ted stroller!

My sister Kim has a red one and I never understood and amazingness of it when I saw it. Then I got pregnant and found out this is by far the best Bang for your Buck! Go here and see how amazing they are. 
A Keyfit car seat. These things I hear hold up to 30lbs which means you can go from this one to a toddler car seat. Most of the cheap car seats only go to 20lbs or so. AND this one snaps on the Phil and Ted Stroller!




A Puj bath tub. It folds so it sits in the sink but then lays flat. My idea of smart!Go here to watch videos to see the coolness


Would love a bike stroller! I just need a bigger house to store it!
This Babybjorn I only want because it's green. I wouldn't buy it because its only a front carrier and not a back carrier too. There are lots better ones out there but this one is stylish!
I'd love this cute bassinet for her!



I am doing cloth diapers but if I could get all the accessories that go with it I'd be one happy girl. 

When people ask what I need or want this is the list that pops into my head. Are any of these going to happen? Yes, the cloth diapers. =] The others only will happen if I happen to find $1600 laying around anywhere. If I could just pop this child out without having to pay for doctor or hospital fees then all this would be in my home right now! 

Here is my list that I will buy at some point. It seems way to early to buy right now...

This is a baby trend jogging stroller. I will have a jogging stroller and not a dumb fake wheel stroller. These are very popular up here. Thats how I found out about them. Once I found out that you can have a jogging stroller that a infants car seat can attach to, I was determined to find one I liked. Its not Phil and Ted but it will work, and not break the bank either. 

The car seat to match. All together is way cheaper then just a Phil and Ted stroller. BJ likes this set better. And its sold at Target. 

A yellow foam pad fits in the sink and is like $5. 

I gotta have a Boppy. Walmart sells a different brand thats a tad cheaper so I'll prolly get one of those. I just don't know what they call it

Thats about as much as I can think of. I don't really know what else she is going to need. I have a certain pacifier that I will get but I couldn't find the picture or remember the name of it. I'm planning to breastfeed so I don't need all those fancy bottles or storage stuff  until she is older. I already have breast milk bottles for her.
I bought her like 15 outfits and some socks. She also already has a bassinet and 2 blankets. I keep checking lists of baby essentials but I guess when it gets closer I'll look more into things she'll need right away. I just don't know for sure yet. 








1 comment:

Ali said...

you will want a million receiving blankets! you swaddle them like crazy! plus in my experience, have a bottle on hand "just in case". I had many issues with breastfeeding London and NEEDED one. Thankfully I got some for my shower. And sometimes it takes trying a few different types of pacifiers to find one that really works for her. stay open minded in that area :)