Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tomorrow school starts. I love breaks from school... but I love the start of a new term. I'm interested in how this is going to work out. Usually come march I'm done and want it to be over. This term only goes til April 9th. I might not get burnt out like all the other semesters. But then again the spring term starts April 19th and goes until the end of June. Baby comes middle of May. That term will be the most interesting I think.

My brother in law flew back yesterday so we picked him up at the airport and he walked us around campus showing us where our classes were. It was nice to have our own tour guide and not have to do the big tour with everyone. I was pretty pooped after walking around the entire campus.. and hungry.

The new conference center they just put in was amazing to see. Its the same size as the one in Utah. Its amazing! Plus in the same building they have an indoor track and about 10 full size basketball courts. I was stoked to see the track. Hopefully BJ and I will start a walking routine.

I noticed in everyone room a piano. I asked if we sang in every class and Matt said it depended on the teacher. Say what?! To bad I didn't keep up with my piano skills. Some day I will learn how to play all the hymns. Its on my bucket list. This is going to be a huge change for me. I've been to 5 different schools already and each one has its pro and cons. Most of the buildings look like church buildings inside so its hard to get lost.

The classes I'm taking this term are..
 Human Anatomy &Physiology II -
I have already taken this class but I want to apply to the nursing program
 and it turns out that I got a C in the class so I'm retaking to get a better grade. Plus its good to see 
how they teach it. I also love love love love this course so I'm excited to take it again!




Foundations of Early Childhood
This is basically what I taught while working at Metro Tech. Its pretty much an A in the bag for me. But at
 least I get to go into the preschool and play with the kds. I mean observe them. =]  I don't mind taking
 this course either

Child Development
I took a psy course once but this one should be a tad different. I'm excited for it. I love learning about 
development and this once focuses on children. I took human development last semester so it covered
 the entire life span. This one will stop at adolescence. It should be a pretty easy course

The Family
This is a class about the family based on "the family proclamation". I took a relationship course last 
semester and a parenting course and I did not like how they talked about marriage. It always bothered me.
 I had one professor who was LDS and in her lectures she would try and make it not sound so 
horrible like it did in our readings but only so much could be said in a 23 minute lecture. I look forward to 
seeing how they take the data for marriage and show it in a gospel light. I wasn't really excited for
 this course but it counts toward my major so I'm taking it

Book of Mormon
Last but not least my religion class. Matt says that the religion courses are usually the hardest. Now I wish
 I would have just gone to my institute classes and gotten it over when they were easy. Oh well. BJ and 
I are taking all of out religion courses together so it will be good to have BJ for help
and allow us to study more it in depth. 


Today is our last day of freedom so we aren't leaving our house. BJ might have gotten a job as a data 
processor and I'm looking into going over to the middle school by our place and getting an after school job.
 It might not work with my school schedule but I'm going to try. Heres to yet another school.

No comments: