Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Feelings

I have been feeling so grateful these last few months. This pregnancy has been going pretty smoothly. Although it has been rough on me, in comparison I have been really blessed.

I read lots of blogs. Mostly people I know but some that I don't. There are a lot of women in my age range that are struggling with infertility. I'm taking some child development classes and I hear about some of the things that can go wrong or that happen to some poor little babies. I am always aware of my baby girl and with every experience I have I am forever grateful! I've been wanting to post to say how blessed I feel and how wonderful this opportunity is, but I could never find the right way to say it.

For my family class I read a talk given at BYU by Elder Jeffery R. Holland. Its about being chase and the importance of it before marriage. Here are 2 quotes from it.

"But I know of nothing so earth-shatteringly powerful and yet so universally and sunstintingly given to us as the God-given power available in every one of us from our early teen years on to create a human body, that wonder of all wonders, a genetically and spiritually unique being never seen before in the history of the world and never to be duplicated again in all the ages of eternity- a child, your child- with eyes and ears and fingers and toes and a future of unspeakable grandeur."
 
"We who may not be able to repair a bicycle nor assemble an average jigsaw puzzle -yet with all our weaknesses and imperfections we carry this procreactive power that makes us very much like God in at least one grand and majestic way."


Wow! Thank you for this gift! 
 

1 comment:

Kerri said...

oh the tender heart of a parent... or more accurately, a mother. mommy feelings are so very tender even the most profound words don't capture it entirely, but Apostle's do come the closest. the gift of the atonement became so much more real and powerful once i had my baby, because then i understood on a very personal level what Christ felt/feels for us and why He could do what He did.
i'm so happy for you!