Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fun in the snow

We are loving it up here! After a week of adjusting to school and the complete different ways they do stuff I'm starting to really like it. The snow isn't bad at all either! We stay inside mostly but its been really nice up here. Nice as in the 20's!

We love the gym here! We just had to buy BJ the shirt and shorts. Like in high school how you match everyone thats how it is here. You have to have on the shirt and shorts they approve before using anything. I rent my clothes because I didn't know how big I'd grow. BJ is loving all the basketball he gets to play. We go and shoot for a bit and someone always pulls him in for a pick up game. I walk the track thats above the courts. The pool is awesome too. We swim then play basketball then swim some more. They even do kayaking there. They provide kayaks and you can paddle all over. We haven't done it but I will some day. BJ is thinking of playing water polo at some point too. 

One bonus about being up here is the time we get to spend together.

BJ didn't get the job that he applied for. After 2 interviews we thought we had it in the bag but it was a no go. Since then we haven't seen any jobs that are open. Thankfully we were able to get grants and loans so we aren't dying but it would have been nice not to have to live off the loans completely. I was going to apply for a job at the elementary school down the road for an after school job but one class went too long to get it. I couldn't change the class so it was a no go for me too. After being sad that we couldn't get jobs I then REJOICED!!! That now means that any time outside of the classroom is spent together! WHICH I AM LOVING!!!! After the first 6 months of being married and only seeing each other on weekends and always always always being super busy this time is perfect. We get lots of us time before the baby comes which makes up for us getting pregnant so quickly.


We are crossing our fingers that BJ's dad will still have a job in Vegas come summer. Matt worked there the summer before his first semester at BYU I and made enough money to cover him in 4 weeks. Now thats what I'm talking about! BJ's dad said if they still had a job that we should go there for the summer to work. BJ would make like $40 and hour! Its sewer bypass so it would be a stinky job but so worth it. We have to wait until after the baby comes to head out there. It also depends on my schooling since it goes from April to July. I'm hoping to only get online courses so I can do it anywhere but we'll see how that goes. If everything falls together we will be in Vegas from mid June or July to the end of August. We will see what happens!

No comments: