Saturday, January 29, 2011

Popcorn

Yup another post on food. =]

BJ and I LOVE popcorn. Kind of happen when you grow up with a dad who eats a bowl every night (my dad not his).

We like microwave and air popped.

BJ had an air popper and we used it a ton in phoenix. We bought a big box of microwave kind so have just have been using that.

A couple in our ward moved this week and they were in  need of selling some items. I wanted to help them out ( the guy found out he has leukemia!) and they were selling this beauty

Its a rotating popper that uses oil. Now I know that makes the popcorn not good for you but its dang good!

We tried it out for the first time today. I wish I had recorded it. BJ was sooo excited. I was eating and he put it all together and sat waiting for it to pop. The top flips over and is then used as your bowl. Its pretty awesome.

BJ sat and watched as the handle spun around and around. It started getting all steamy inside then started to pop. BJ was over the moon about watching it.

Under that black thing on top are holes that you put the butter so while its popping it melts down over the popcorn. BJ didn't do this part of it so he was a tad disappointed when it tasted like regular popcorn. We melt some butter and put it on and it was good.

We thought that maybe since its an oil popper that we could make kettle corn easier with this baby. We are trying it out tonight. I hope that works. If it does I'll prolly eat kettle corn every single night! YUM!!!!!!

No comments: