Saturday, January 29, 2011

food food food

can't break the chain of food posts!

Ever since I moved out on my own I was determined to buy healthy food.

 I refused to buy...
white bread
White pastas

White rice

Its just not healthy and there are lots of better choices out there!

I refused to eat
even though it is yummy cuz its just chemical paste really

I only made a dessert once or twice a month

I only buy....
frozen yogurt not black cherry yuck!


12 grain bread, mostly cuz BJ likes the sunflower seeds in it
Brown rice even though it takes longer to cook
 and
Pasta made with 100% whole wheat


Since I was spending the money on the food I figured why not get the stuff that is a least better for you! I do still buy white flour to bake with. I'm trying to learn how to bake with wheat. I'm still learning.

You wondering why I'm telling you all this???

Currently in my home there is.... white bread, white rice, mint chocolate chip ice cream, cake that I made with cool whip topping and a 24 pack of cup of noodle soup!

WHAT HAPPENED!!?!?! 

I got pregnant thats what happened. 

I Loooooove white bread. But I always said I wouldn't buy it. No way no how. The only way I eat it is when I go to someone elses house. Thankfully BJ's parents always had a loaf so I just eat a slice or two when I went over. I can't help but buy it now! I just have to have it. Right now we have white rolls because I didn't feel like making the rolls. But I have to have white bread during the week. I still eat my 12 grain but I NEED white bread. Brown rice doesn't even sound good to me. I had HAD had to buy white rice. I just make a cup and eat it. I'm over my potatoes but love rice now! I usually don't make dessert to often cuz they are my weakness. I know this so I don't make them. I've made a cake 2 weeks in a row and have had cool whip in my fridge for 2 weeks now. We eat ice cream a lot too. I love ice cream but hardly ever buy it so when we want it we have to go out to get it. We now have a carton in the freezer always now. I still buy my whole wheat pasta. It takes awhile getting used to whole wheat pasta so you can't really switch between the two to easily. I don't really care about pasta so its not a big deal to me. I love my cup of noddles. A- it tastes good, B- its fast, and C- it always makes me feel better.

It drives me nuts that my oh so good buying habits and eating habits at home pretty much are down the toilet. I do still eat a lot of veggies and we have oranges stocked every week. I make a smoothie every once in awhile. For a bit it was twice a day, now its like once or twice a week. I get my fruit and veggies in and I'm taking a sweet sweet prenatal pill. BUT.... i also eat LOTS of crap. I can't help it! I try sooo hard not too but the longer I go without eating it the more I just have to have it. I don't get it. They say cravings are because you are in need of something. Well I need white flour. I need sugar. I just need it all right!!!

 I can't wait to get real food thats good for me and only that food!

No comments: