Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fun filled week

We've had a really good last 2 weeks! Starting off with a holiday and it is still going!

The most exciting news was going to the baby store called Mommy n Me. They sell Phil and Ted strollers so we went to ordered from them since we thought they had a pretty good deal going. Their Chicco key fit 30 car seats were expensive and I knew I could find those cheaper so we held off on that one. The next day they called and said they were on back order and wouldn't get my stroller until May 16th! Thats after my due date!! True I don't need it until after my due date but I want it to start taking up space now!!!!! And I want to start pushing it around my house because I want to! So we went online and found an AMAZING deal that ended up being cheaper then Mommy n Me. We got the stroller with the doubles kit and the car seat attachment! OH YEAH!
It is the same one my sister Kim has but they now come in Black instead of red. =]

These strollers only fit certain car seats on them. We looked into all of them. They had the cheap Graco one that can attach. They tend to be the cheapest out there. Then they got up to really expensive car seats. We have done our research and the Chicco Key Fit 30 seemed like a great car seat. It holds the baby up to 30 lbs. Most car seats only go up to like 22 lbs. They are really nicely made but tend to be more expensive. I really liked them because they have a easy adjustable strap that you press a button and pull a string and it moves for the baby. It also goes in and out of the base very easy which some car seats are horrible at doing. So I shopped around and found one for the price of a Graco! WOOT WOOT!!!! And it has green on it! =] =]

I put it all together myself!! It came 2 days early! I love that it takes up space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


BJ also has been looking at cars these past few weeks. Its his thing. Its crazy how much he is into cars and the knowledge he has on that subject. He always is finding a good car for a great price. He even tries to convince me we need it. I have kept him at bay for now but since I got my stroller he seemed to think the rest of the tax money was to play it. I had to remind him we still need diapers and hospital fees and other baby stuff. He still thought he should get a toy. So....

We bought a Wii. I have always wanted one so it wasn't hard to convince me to get it.

We also convinced my brother in law Danny to come play with us for a week. He keeps going back and forth on if he wants to come up here so we planned to show him a good time.

The first night he got here was POND SKIMMING
Basically people sign up to snowboard/ski/sled down this hill and try to make it across a pond of water. We are mormon so you can imagine the creative costumes people wore. Mario, Army men with a tanks, 3 amigos, little swim trunks, bananas, you name it there was someone dressed up in it. There were a lot of wipe outs which are always fun to see. Dan liked seeing all the people and listening to the music. His feet got cold so we left a tad early.


BJ has been in heaven with Danny here. I go to bed early and he stays up til 3 am and with Dan here he had a buddy to play with. Danny is also very VERY into cars. I can't even  say how many hours have been spent on the topic of cars and how many cars and parts they have looked up online. I wont be sad when the car conversations stop tomorrow. 

BYUI also lets anyone come to class so Dan went to all of BJ's classes. It was good for him to see what school will be like. He will have to take all those ones too so it worked out. 

I found out on Tuesday that I really am a big pregnant lady. After my class the boys picked me up and we walked all over in search of housing for Dan. The weather was great so I didn't mind walking. Then we headed up to the school and we showed Dan everything. I had an hour of sitting during devotional then BJ had a meeting with his teacher so I took Dan around the rest of the campus. We also talked to advising and scheduled for him to take tests. After walking all over and up and down stairs I was pretty pooped. BJ had a basketball game so I went and watched while he and Dan played. By the time I got home my public bones felt like jelly. I'm still recovering from it. Wednesday didn't help with it being my long day at school either. BJ and Dan wanted to spend today playing and going swimming. I'm sitting out the playing and prolly wont make until 10 tonight to swim. 

I never realized how much energy it took to entertain someone while pregnant. Both of my poor sisters had to entertain me when they were further along than I am!! I didn't think I'd get to experience it since I'm the youngest. I guess having younger in laws means I get to see what my sisters did for me!  Its's been fun and I'm glad he came up. I've run my dishwasher and washer more this week then its ever been ran and done  more stuff then I have in a long time. I know my husband has enjoyed it. I also only forgot to put my robe on once and that at 4 a.m. so I was safe!! =]

1 comment:

Kerri said...

company why pregnant is always bitter sweet like that. glad you're getting the full experience!