Sunday, March 20, 2011

32 weeks!

8 months down 8 weeks left to go! Woo Hoo!

I'm getting excited for these last few weeks to go by. I have finals in 3 weeks then a whole week off! I plan on doing the baby's room that week. I need to move a bunch of stuff around and make it so I can put all the baby's stuff away and still have room for guests to sleep.

We finally got to go shopping for all the little stuff like blankets, wash cloths and such. BJ's cousin Janette went with us and she kept grabbing all pink stuff. I kept putting it back and grabbing yellows and greens. She looked at me and asked "Aren't you having a girl??" lol yup but I don't think girls should be all in pink! I like pink and think its cute but when it comes to buying it I like other stuff.

 Does it look like I'm having a boy?? The bright orange yellows and greens are so much cuter then pink and purple. Don't get me wrong I love all that stuff too but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it.
 I think I saw a picture of my nephew in a duck sleeper once. My poor little girl is prolly going to be called a boy the first year of her life. Oh well. I think its cute. I have some skirts and dresses I'll put on her but everyone thinks babies are boys anyways.
 I did finally find giraffe girly things. Most giraffe stuff is yellow  or on blue. I don't get that. I tired getting everything with giraffes on it but everyone vito that idea. They said it was all way to boyish and I had to buy girl things. Dumb but I caved.
This was the only "girly" thing that I bought. I think they are super cute but I wasn't planning on buying them. Janette put them in the cart and said "well you can leave them at the counter if you end up not really wanting them." I felt like that meant I needed something that is for sure for a girl so I bought them.

I love love love all the girly stuff and will gladly dress her up in frilly everything but when it came time to spend my own money on that stuff I didn't want it. I also don't like how girl stuff makes it seem like they are brats and stuck up. Like shirts that say "I know I'm cute!" Thats gay.

We are still loving our birthing classes. I have learned a lot that seemed like such simple things but I realized I wasn't living them. One of the things she taught us was not to hold our breath when we were in pain. She said when you hold your breath, baby holds its breath. Duh right?! Well I realized that I do that exact thing when the baby hurts me. I hold my breath and breath in fast and quick until it goes away. Thats exactly what she told us not to do. When it hurts, take a deep breath and try to relax and be calm. Duh right?! Yeah I can already see the difference when I remember to breath and relax. She told us its important to start trying now with little pains so during labor its what we will try to do instead of waiting and saying thats what we'll do when it comes time.  I figured her way was best and I shouldn't wait until labor day to try and deal with pain. Since I'm in pain almost daily I get good practice! Just another way to help me through natural child birth!

Baby Updates

~ She scared the poop out of me this week. I know this little girl very well but the dumb doctor scared me so now I get worried about stuff that didn't worry me before. She has a day once or twice a week where she sleeps pretty much all day long. I call those days her "growing days" Like when you were little and your knees hurt and you were hungry all day and the next day you seemed like 3 inches taller. Well I usually am super tired on those days too and I got up super late. Then I started doing homework and the day slowly slipped by. I realized I hadn't felt her move at all. I commented to BJ and he wasn't worried but then I remembered the doctor saying if I didn't feel her move at all in a day to come in ASAP. So then I started to worry. I drank some OJ and laid down. She loves oranges and usually goes crazy in seconds. I got nothing. So then I was really worried and started shaking my belly and poking her to wake her up. She gave me a few weak kicks and I kept trying to wake her up. She gave me a few stronger ones. She went back to sleep and i figured I had felt her so I didn't need to call the doctor. She slept the entire day then around 7 she woke up and went crazy. She was up the rest of the night and through out the next day. It seemed like she didn't sleep at all. I knew I was right and she was just super tired but that dumb doctor had to put the fear of God in me!

~ Finally figured out that she does not like strawberries. I get sick every time I eat them. I kept eating them because I love them and am tired of oranges but then I gave up. Its not worth getting so sick. BJ doesn't like strawberries either. Can you tell this is his daughter!!

~ She now likes to show off. Not only does she want to be a part of the group talking she has to push out on my stomach and make it look funky to get peoples attention. It works. every. single. time.

~ She loves the sound of a basketball being dribbled. Its funny to watch a game and feel her stop moving as the ball gets closer to me then as it moves away she starts going nuts then calms down as it gets close again. She will prolly be a baller.

~ She hates it when I lay on my left side. They say to lay on your left side for better circulation so I try too. I prefer to sleep on my right side and I guess so does she. She hangs out only on my right side and at night when I lay on my left she will kick me until I turn over. She will chill out if I'm on my right but gets mad when I change back to my left.

~ I can see now why some women say they miss being pregnant. I love feeling her kick and move all around when she isn't hurting me. I'll miss watching my stomach do its own dance.

~ My all time favorite is the fact that when I cuddle up to my husband in the morning he can feel her kicking on his stomach. I love that!

~ I still love that they play the poking kicking game together (she will only do that with BJ). I love being the middle man and listening to him talk to her and give her lovins

~ I have an appointment this week then it starts the going every 2 weeks instead of monthly. Oh joy

1 comment:

Bre said...

I'm so glad she loves basketball! Makes me so proud! LOL