Sunday, March 6, 2011

29/ 30 weeks

I noticed on Friday that my stomach is all of a sudden super super round. I don't know where it came from but its HUGE and ROUND these days!


Baby updates

~ We have liked the name Rylee Aden since we found out it was a girl. Last week I wasn't sure it was what I was going for so I started the search again. Then we got the Wii and I wanted to make a Mii for the baby. Since she didn't have a name I went back to Rylee. Then I met up with BJ while he was in his study group to get the car keys and as I was leaving one of the guys said " Bye Rylee!" It pretty much melted my heart. I'm still not 100% but I am at least 95% now.

~ I signed us up for Birthing classes. I wanted to do hypnobabies but after talking to the lady I realized that her regular class was more my thing. We went to our first one. I was sure it was just going to be review for me and I just wanted BJ to go and understand stuff. However, I learned so much! It was AMAZING!!! She puts a huge emphasis on being able to do everything all naturally and learning to listen to your body and relax during the labor process. We practiced holding ice in our hands and then she gave us pointers and how to overcome the coldness. It really worked and made the time go faster. We also practiced different positions to give birth. I always figured I'd do it just like my sister and be in bed while pushing. After going through different ways and trying to relax I found out that I can't relax at all when I'm on my back. That was a huge eye opener. In the birthing videos people seem the most comfortable when on their backs but looks can be deceiving. Next week we are going over birth plans which I'm all for! I already have mine started so I'm excited to get more insight on stuff I just don't know about! BJ also liked it and learned a lot too.

~ My honeymoon phase is definitely over. I'm tired all the time again. I can be starving but only able to eat half my food. Then I have to wait an hour or so to finish it. My hips ache whenever I lay down for too long which makes sleeping a pain! I also am getting days of queasiness again.

~ Its fun to play games with the baby now. BJ was laying next to me one night and he would squeeze my tummy and she would kick. They went back and forth for a good 10 minutes. BJ then fell asleep and had his head resting on my tummy. She wasn't done playing with her daddy and sat and kicked him. He didn't wake up so she used all her might and did one really big kick. It startled BJ awake! I just laughed!!!

~  I was bored in class one day so I started rocking forward and backwards. I did it three times and she kicked me back three times. I kept doing it and every time she would kick me. I could tell I was making her mad and it just made me laugh. I would bet a million bucks she is going to come out stubborn with a temper. She is for sure her daddy's daughter!

~ Bending over is now really hard to do. Its always been hard if I had pants on but now even in a dress or skirt its hard to put on shoes and socks. Thankfully I have the most helpful husband around and he is always willing to help with the shoes and socks. Its hard though when I'm alone and I drop something. Getting down is easy but the coming up isn't!

~ I'm getting my pay back for always staring and talking about any and every pregnant lady I would see. No matter where I am or what I'm doing someone is watching me and or whispering about me.

~ I have yet to use my "I'm pregnant" card at school. I am very proud of that!

~She still loves the organ! I don't get it but she goes nuts.

~ She also found my ribs for the first time. I'm kind of surprised it took her this long but I'm glad it did. It HURTS!

~ I'm starting to get super anxious for her to get here!

~ I'm in search of a diaper bag. My sister kerri used a backpack with her first and I have always liked that idea. All the backpack ones I've found are ugly. I've found tons of cute bags but I'm not willing to pay so much for them. I'm thinking of making one. I just really want a giraffe bag!

No comments: