Friday, December 24, 2010

the 18th we

This was me at 18 weeks. I look HUGE huh!? I also look like crap because this was taken after my nap.
BJ at the 18 week mark. Dont worry he is sticking it out. But his baby is growing!




The first thing I wanted to do after I found out what we were having was to go buy an outfit. When we went to the doctors office the nurse came and got me and I asked if we were going to the ultra sound first or after. She was confused and asked if I was suppose to have one today!? She then made me wait forever as she tried to figure out what I was talking about. I guess they didn't have a ultrasound tech in and I wasn't scheduled for one. I was starting to get mad. I made the appointment and said I needed a time so I could have the tech to do my ultra sound. Plus they made me cancel my November appointment so I didn't get to do the cool listening to the heart beat one. I told them I was here for an ultra sound so please figure something out. After waiting FOREVER they asked one of the other doctors to do it for me. Apparently I was super lucky because on top of his 4 year residency he did 3 more years for just ultrasounds. So he is the go to guy to figure everything out. While we were waiting I told BJ, "If they don't let me get an ultra sound, I will cry!" Thankfully we were able to get one. My parents and Garrett were in town so they were able to be there. The doctor was really fast and moved pretty quick but he told us everything he was looking at. He kept saying everything was good. He was so reassuring it made me happy. He said everything was great and everything looked just fine. He even explained that she was breeched so if I felt pain in my lower stomach it was ok because she was just kicking me down there. I felt much better after that. I was kind of concerned about it. He also showed me that her head is up on my left hand side by my ribs. She favors that spot and I was always feel her head pushing out. He showed us the cute little face. I got to see the top lip and he explained that they check the lips to make sure its not clefted. Then he asked who has big ears? We all pointed to BJ and then he showed us the ear and said its pretty big to already see it so well. Poor thing! BJ and Garrett kept saying oh that means its a boy or oh that means its a girl. The doctor kept shaking his head and saying we haven't even looked yet! Mom kept saying oh be quiet I want to hear that everything is ok. I was amazed watching the screen. That was a baby. MY BABY! He then stopped and said can you see those 3 lines? Do you know what that means? I said yup its a girl!!!!! I looked at BJ and he just shrugged his shoulders and Dad  just smiled and nodded his head. I was kind of like ok i knew it, stink! I was a tad disappointed. It took me the rest of the day to get really really excited for a girl. I was so set on a boy but I was hugely relieved to hear it was girl. I know how to raise a little girl!!!!!  After he showed us it was a girl she started moving like crazy! We sat for a minute watching he wiggle all over the screen. She was moving to much for him to measure anything. It was fun to watch her be so active.Dad commented that he was mad that we were looking. Mom said she was just like me because I used to get upset when she would let people see my panties. =] He gave us pictures but there weren't any really cute ones. I just wanted to go buy her an outfit to make it real. We all went out to eat then dad took me to the mall and bought her 2 cute outfits.
I think this is so cute! daisy green and a little dress with a jacket!
This one is also one of my favorites!!!  The other ones my visiting teacher who works with BJ and is the bishops wife bought us outfits and booties. They are tooo cute!



 Now that I know its a little girl she seems sooo much more real. Its nice to call her a SHE and talk about her as being a real person. BJ was kind of in shock for awhile and didn't really comment about her til we got up to  rexburg. We were super super busy  that it was the last thing on his mind but it was the main thing on mine. I'm soooooo thankful my parents came down. MOM packed up my entire apartment for me. It would have never gotten done if i had to keep doing it by myself. Then after I found it was a girl all my thoughts were on her and i couldn't really focus. BJ said he was doomed to have all girls now. He said after 3 in a row we were stopping. =] I guess we will see what happens. More kids isn't on my mind right now. i just want her to get here already!

Good thing for looooong car rides. I asked BJReilly and i said no! He said really I kind of like it. So he put it on the list. we then had a list of 5-6 names i really liked and BJ started putting some together. They were cute names but non really stood out. I liked the name aden but not as a first name. We knew a Eden but i didn't like that name. finally BJ came up with

Rylee Aden Balls

What do you think?? I like Rylee spelled that way and I think it has a great ring to it!!! So far thats the only name we have come up with. To be honest we haven't really tried to think of any others. We both really like it. We both already refer to her as Rylee. I'm guessing this will be her name but we still have4- 5 more months to be sure.  

No comments: