Monday, December 6, 2010

17 weeks

Me at 17 weeks
(I promise I was in a good mood i just didn't know when he was going to take the picture!)

BJ didn't feel the need to take a picture this week. His baby isn't growing as fast I guess. =]

BIG THANKS to my sister KERRI!!!

She sent me all her maternity clothes and I'm sad to say I wore them all last week. I was sad about it then I read this blog post and I felt better about it.

BJ and I went to the stake center to watch the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional. My sister Kerri loved going it every year and I was only excited to go because she was. This year I asked BJ if he wanted to go and he said it was up to me. Thanks to Kerri I just had to go so we made dinner and headed over. BJ and I sat down and ate our candy canes while we listened. (I've gone through 3 packs of candy canes since december 1st! I love them!!!) I love the first presidency. The three of them are my all time favorite speakers to listen too. The music was beautiful and I could enjoy it because the baby didn't get excited since there wasn't an organ playing.

During president Monsons talk I was uncomfortable so I sat at the front of the bench and leaned back onto BJ. I love when BJ rubs my tummy. It just feels so much better then when I do it. The baby loves it too. It always take away my sick feeling when he does it ( I say it makes the baby fall asleep). Through out the talk he was rubbing my tummy then he started to scratch it kind of. It felt really good but as soon as he started to do it I got really sick( I think the baby woke up). He asked if it felt funny. I almost told him to stop because I was getting really sick but it felt really good! I let him keep going and

I felt the baby kick!!!!!

I guess the baby woke up and did not like how dad was rubbing my tummy and got mad enough to kick him! haha it was the coolest thing ever!!!! I felt a kick  by my belly button to the right. I got all excited and told BJ the baby didn't like it and I felt him kick! BJ kept scratch my tummy and would stop to see if he could feel it. It felt like the baby was in a balloon and was kicking the inside of it. I told him he prolly wouldn't be able to feel it but he kept trying. I then felt another kick higher up. I was so excited I kind of missed the end of president Monsons talk (sorry to all the people around us who prolly didn't hear much of the end either oops!). I also was really sick and ready for the baby to fall back asleep!
It was the coolest experience ever! I can't wait to feel him move around more!! And next Tuesday we find out if we can continue calling him a him or if she is a she! =]

No comments: