Saturday, February 5, 2011

Date night

Being at a Mormon school that means there is something going on all the time (Which is way there are lots engaged. Can't help but get married with all the dates you go on). It's taken a few weeks to get things organized but now there is something every day! BJ wanted to have a real date night so I planned the night for us. He was going to take me out to eat but dummy me I made dinner.

I made Indian fried bread. I haven't made that since we have been married. It was soooooo yummy!!!

Then we headed over to the "I center" and watched some basketball. Up here they don't have any sports so they let the students try out for competitive or just play on recreationl teams. We have seen some recreational games and they are just like pickup games. Nothing special. But the competitive games are the real deal. They hand out jerseys and have real refs. The game we watched was pretty fun.

I was wearing jeans and sitting on a hard chair so the baby was moving a lot. Then I got super into the game and that made her move even more. After the game she was moving lots and I was getting really uncomfortable. BJ put his hand on my belly and she kicked really hard. I asked if he felt it and he said he actually did feel it! I've sworn he could feel it before but this time he really did feel it! She is getting stronger which is exciting that BJ can now feel it!!!

Then we headed over to one of the other buildings and for $1 we got as much popcorn as we wanted and got to watch a movie. We watched an old black and white film. "Hit the Ice" with Bud Abbot and Lou Costello.

 It was super funny!!! I highly recommend it as a rental! And as this ad says " The gayest hit!" You know its old if they mean gay as happy! There are a ton of good lines. One of my favorites was when the 2 guys were trying to get on the train and there was a band loading on. They weren't getting their tickets checked just telling the guy what instrument they played. The two guys jumped in line with them. The first guy says "1st trumpet", then "2nd trumpet" then "1st bass, 2nd bass" then it was the two guys and the first one says "3rd bass" and the other one says "short stop". :-) BJ had to say it again before I got it but then I laughed really hard!! This movie is full of good lines! Rent it, you'll get a kick out of it!

All in all it was a great night! We even got to watch the newest episode of Bones and eat Ice cream.

No comments: