Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mini Baby shower

So I wasn't planning any baby showers since I know zero people here and I'm away from family and friends. My sister Kerri has sent me a few packages with stuff I needed and I got a surprise package from my mom one day. 
As I was opening them I thought to myself " This is like a mini baby shower!" 
Then I read a note from my mom and it said," Hope you enjoy your 'mini baby shower'!"
 I told BJ and he just laughed and said "You are your mom, you know that!" =]

My mom is by far the greatest. She can sew like no one knows. Remember this beauty..
When shopping for wedding stuff we came across this sheer daisy fabric. I fell in love and knew that I needed that for my wedding dress. Dad didn't want Mom to make my dress because it would just be more for her plate but I did not like the way any dress fit me in the stores. Plus we found an easy-ish pattern. My mom said she was up for it and made my dream dress! I can't even tell you how much that dress made my wedding. 

She did it again folks. My mom out did herself!
This is Rylee's blessing gown!
Cutest, Greatest Dress she will ever own! 
When I pulled it out I got tears in my eyes. How perfect that my mom used the left over fabric from my dress to make my daughter her blessing gown! I love love love love LOVE it!

She didn't stop there either! 
This is the fabric from my dress and the braids maid dresses. I fell in love with these colors when I found them and even though the fabric was a pain to make into dresses I still LOVED them! 
I don't know if Rylee will ever really use this blanket. I might just keep it for myself but I still love it!
If I do a hope chest for her it will be put in there.

My mom's amazingness doesn't end there either. 
A Giraffe diaper bag! 
Not only that but a matching nursing cover, diaper changing pad, snack bag, and a car seat insert.
I was searching for a giraffe diaper bag and they all cost so much so I figured I could just make one. After finding everything I asked my mom if she would be up for it and she had already made this one! 
See I told you she was amazing! 
As soon as I pulled it out BJ commented that I was one lucky girl and all the ladies up here were going to be so jealous of my cute bag. =] So true so true!

Thanks Mom! You are the best!

BJ's side of the family did end up throwing me a baby shower last weekend. I have pictures of that to post as soon as I get un lazy and go through my packed hospital bag to find the camera. 
(at 37 weeks I thought I should pack my hospital bag and now its driving me nuts having it packed because I keep getting into for stuff!)

Updates
~My unofficial due date is the 7th. BJ keeps telling me that she will come by then. I'm sticking with the 15th so I don't feel super overdue. 
~38 weeks and I don't know for sure if I'm dilated or not. I have been losing my mucus plug so that must mean something is happening. My midwife didn't even ask if I wanted to be checked, which I didn't. No point in knowing if I'm not even having contractions.(Plus I hear it hurts to be checked. I'm in enough pain as it is!)
~ Sunday I had contractions for 40 minutes. They were 5 minutes a part and getting stronger. Then they stopped and I haven't felt anything since then.
~ I lost 4 lbs this last appointment. I guess walking 2 miles everyday and playing full on basketball means you shed some pounds. I hope its that easy after she gets here!
~BJ made one of the JV basketball teams. After an up down week of trying out he made the team and has been going to practice at 6am. He is super excited to play and I can't wait to go cheer him on!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Um best mom award! LOVE! that dress idea is the cutest thing I think I've ever heard!

Bre said...

I love the giraffe diaper bag. It's so you!! LOL

Kerri said...

how are those 6am practices... yikes!

mom is amazing!

i'm extremely jealous that you are losing weight, but good job!

Visage said...

I love it all. You have a great mom!