Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The date

She will for sure come out on May 24th. 

I knew my midwives would wait until after week 41 to induce me. We checked to see if there was any progress and I was a "loose 3". She said she couldn't make me a 4 but the head was still engaged. She then said it was up to me what I wanted to do. The 27th was the latest she said she would let me go and would have to make an appointment to induce by then. So I figured I'd give my body some chance and go with the 26th. Turns out every pregnant lady up here wants their baby on the 26th so we had to pick a different day. She gave me the choice and I liked the number 24 so she set it up for us. I'm to wake up at 6 am and call the hospital so they can set up my room. I was told I wont get turned down because I will be in  my 41st week and it is now a "medical issue" so other women will get bumped. I am to eat breakfast (I'm going all out for my last real meal before they only let me eat ice chips!) then make it to the hospital by 7. I will start my IV and then hopefully wait an hour or 2 before they break my water. We'll see how long it will take for her to finally come out. 

I'm a bit (ok hugely!) disappointed that my body wont get things going on its own. I've always wanted to experience my water breaking in a random situation. As my sister in law said its my first and my body just doesn't know whats going on. There will be more chances with future kids. Now that I know for sure that I will be in labor in 6 days I have mixed feelings. I took the scooter out by myself and realized it will be awhile before I can go out and about freely. Everyone keeps telling me to "live it up" but to be honest I'm so bored these days. I've given up so much being pregnant that I'm ready to have something to do again. I'm getting anxious about labor too. I've been in pain for awhile but thats going to be real pain for a long time and I'm forcing myself into that pain. Its scary to think about. Whenever I let my mind think about it I start to freak out a bit and think "I'm to young to be doing this!!" Then I change the subject and try not to think about it but about holding a cute little (ok huge!) baby. 

I'm excited to finally know she will be here. I'm excited to go to the hospital. Its kind of nice being able to plan it out. I don't feel guilty for inducing since I've given her all the time she needs to grow. I'm excited to see her. I'm excited to watch BJ during the whole process. I'm excited for him to become a dad. I'm just plain excited! With of course a lot of anxiety, worry, and freaking out along with it!

1 comment:

Ali said...

oh dear, been there. every single word of it. boring is the best word. you can only organize baby stuff and read magazines for so long! ha! real raspberry tea helped by body get the party started (I was 10 days late and induced already, which didn't work). It doesn't work for everyone but is good for your organs that are about to go crazy! :) i wish you the best!