Sunday, May 15, 2011

Kerri came to play

My sister finally blogged about her stay here so now I can steal her pictures to put on my blog for those that don't read hers.

I was soooooo excited to have Kerri come play for the week. When both of my sisters were pregnant in Hawaii I flew out for 2 months to play and help out once the baby got there. I was really sad that I was the youngest and no one was going to come play with me since they already had families they had to take care of. Thankfully Kerri's sister in law got married in Utah so she would only be 4 hours from me and because she is amazing she was willing to trek up here by herself with  her two2 tag a longs to play!

Bruce was excited because he LOVES having visitors. My niece Kaci just loves him. I was worried she was going to steal him away at my wedding =].

notice the braid. we did our hair the same this day =]

BJ bought me stuff to dye eggs for Easter and we never got around to doing it. BJ hates hard boiled eggs so I waited until Kaci got there so he would have fun dying them with her and wouldn't care how many eggs we used. Kerri and I got to enjoy eating all the egg sandwiches!

The first night they got there BJ pulled out the guitar and sang the famous Balls camp songs to her.
Whenever the Balls get together to go camping or are sitting around the piano they have a list of songs that they always sing. BJ sang the great big feather bed for Kaci. That is the family favorite. I don't know the words because I never sing around the Balls but Kaci got a kick out of it. I'm sure I'll learn it soon enough because our family will have that same list and I'll throw some of my favorites in too.


We all went swimming and it was Forrest's first time in the pool. Funny how Kaci was a Hawaiian baby and was at the beach weeks within being born and Forrest is an Alaska baby is was 7 months before he set foot into a pool. I love the way swimming feels so I was all for going.

Kerri must have brought the cold with her because it was windy and even snowed while she was here. The day after she left the sun came out and the wind stopped. We haven't gotten that cold since! We spent a lot of time in doors and just chilling. I was ok with it but Kerri didn't really get to experience Idaho. Maybe next trip she will be able to have more fun.

Thanks Calls for coming and playing. We really do need to live in the same state at least!!!! (i'd prefer same stake though!)

1 comment:

Kerri said...

i know, i know, i'm amazing... j/k. thanks for letting me come stay. it was fun to see you be married and prego. miss you!