Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lets go fly a kite

Everyone here has been dying for spring to come. I've been sad that the snow was going away. It was pretty much was gone, even the HUGE piles in the parking lots were tiny old things now. I was super sad.

We woke up Monday morning to the entire town covered in snow! It snowed all day and stuck! It had been snowing but just melted and turned to rain by the end of the day. It made me so very happy to see the town covered in the beautiful white snow! The next morning we woke up to the sun shinning and the snow gone.

Thats when I decided to embrace spring with open arms. Thanks for my last beautiful snow fall!

The locals says it snows up until May but we will see what happen.

The next day the wind was blowing like CRAZY!

For one of our FHE we got free passes to Fat Catz (movies, golf, bowling, arcade place) and while we were waiting for our movie to start we spent $2 to play some games. I got us enough tickets for a small prize. BJ and I both wanted to get the alien parachute guy and 2 small candies. BJ showed me the art of throwing him and I was amazed! We had so much fun throwing him off our stairs before church one day. We were waiting for another windy day to throw him again. We found a really nice one at the store that had a fabric parachute with a real army guy attached but I didn't think he was worth the $5. BJ then said if we couldn't get the cool parachute guy that we should go to the $1 store and get kites.

I've never really flown a kite before. I always break it or it doesn't fly and I give up. But the day was perfect so we got some kites and invited Matt and Camille to come fly kites with us.

I started putting my kite together and.... i broke it =[ I helped BJ put his together and Matt did his. Camille hadn't gotten there yet so I took her kite and tried to fly it. I ended up breaking that one too.


Matt got his up for a bit but ended up breaking his too. He tried putting it back together but it wouldn't stay up very long.

BJ couldn't get his very high up. He kept trying. His was the only intact one by the end of the day.
Then Camille joined us and she got Matt's broken kite up in the air. She got it to the end of her string even! It was a Spring Miracle!! BJ watched her and ended getting his up and got to the end of his string too! It was fun to watch them flying. BJ made me try it one last time and I got it for a bit but couldn't get to the end of my string.

Maybe some day we can get real kites that I can't break so easily and we can master the art of flying a kite.

We drove past Porter park and there were people there! Like a ton of people! Some kids playing on the play stuff, some running the paths, others sitting on blankets, some playing frisbee, others playing games. It made my heart happy to see people out enjoying the sun!

I was amazed and BJ laughed and pointed out that we never see that in AZ. There wasn't 1 jumpy place, there wasn't some corporate event, no  fundraiser, no free stuff, no birthday parties, no homeless people. 

Wow I never realized that people really use a park for well a park! 

I love Rexburg! I'm now finally embracing spring and looking forward to the wonders of the season I have never known. Flowers are even starting to bloom! In random places all over town! Its amazing! I might get to see flowers in full bloom that don't die in a week! BJ says the grass turns green and the trees stay green until fall. WHAT?! This I can't wait to see. Right now it looks like AZ with yellow grass and no leaves on the trees.  I do believe it can happen because I've seen little sprigs popping up already. 

Spring I might even fall in love with you. Please don't disappoint! =]

1 comment:

Visage said...

Sounds amazing Krys. I miss autumn. Maybe one day I'll move and find my beloved autumn....
And no you will definitely not like the books. They're like twilight but for adults.aka there's a lot of sex it them. Well I dunno... maybe you're into that. If you are.. JR ward, the blackdagger brother hood. Im on the 10th book which just came out last week. They're awesome!