Saturday, April 9, 2011

End of the semester

What do you do when you the end of the semester ends on a THURSDAY!!??!

I woke up Friday morning and thought "hey no school = book reading time that isn't a textbook!"

So I pulled BJ out of bed and we head off to the library for me to find a new series to read. I only really like reading series because I always get so sad when the book ends. I'm one of those creepy people that get really attached to the characters in the book and if there isn't a series where it keeps going it hits faster and I don't like that!
Its a cute story. Its from the Young Adult section because that is all I like to read. It is only a trilogy but that's fine with me. I read the book in one day. Easy reading but that meant I had to go back and get the other 2 since the library wont be open on Sunday.

What did BJ do all day?
This was like his favorite game growing up and he found a way to download it onto his computer. He played the whole time I read. He is still playing and loving it.

We also took time to clean which we stopped for finals. We also started packing up the place because BJ scored lots of boxes. I took all my decorations down and I'm hating all the white walls. I do not know how people live this way!  I'm getting excited for our move! I think it was a very good choice even if we might (most likely we will) lose some money in the long run.

SCHOOL IS OUT! NO SCHOOL UNTIL FALL!  I decided to defer for next semester. I was starting to get worried I wasn't going to be able to handle giving birth and taking care of a newborn with a full load of school work plus moving to Vegas for the summer. I was going to because the money we would have gotten was going to be our safety net until BJ started working (I find out more each time I go to the doctor how much money goes into having a child). Then I found out I'd only get money to cover tuition and books and we wouldn't have our safety net. That made it easy for me to "use wisdom in deferring my one semester of choice". I think having baby is worth deferring. It sets me back yet another semester but I might get on Fast Grad during the fall and go right thorough until I graduate.

Here is to lazy days of sleep and reading until baby girl completely consumes my life! wooo hoo!!!!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

stellar decision! i need a good series to read. have you read sorcerers apprentice or the lightning thief... recent movies. the movies were alright, PG so you better believe a rented them... scored some points with my middle school kids at church too.