Friday, March 5, 2010

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom


CHICKA CHICKA BOOM BOOM
Will there be enough room??!!!
We have something painted on all of our walls on the way to the preschool. One wall is a sea with fish and sea horse and octapus. Another wall is a pond with a frog and sun. Back at Christmas we started the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree. The students started the palm tree and letters. Then they never finished. Today was a half day for them since spring break is next week (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) So I took it on as a project. What did I do for 8 hours? Well... F-A werent even up yet so i drew them on (free hand i know i'm good!) I also had a nine year old helping me. She painted E B and D and i did A C and F. It took her one mintue to do all three... me... an hour! Lets just say i pulled a verda and sat with a paint brush and made the letters the size i drew on. Its water based paint so it comes off if you add water. Which is sweet! Then i traced some letters that never were traced. I also went back and took off half of the other letter's tracing cuz it was super thick and looked way bad. Then I went along and added green to the palms to give them texture. I was then told to paint blue for the sky. Then i added clouds and the sun and some birds. After that i added texture to the sand. 8 hours later....
TA DAH!!!!
I should have took a before picture but didn't think about until i saw how cute it looked all done!!
I love my job!
Funny side note... We had like 5 kids here for their class and about every 5 seconds one would come over "Ms. ... i need.... Ms.. will you ...Ms. .. can I ) The nine year old said. "Man all day all you hear is MS! huh! Thats annoying!" I just laughed and said yup thats my job! =]
( the students call us MS. and only add Hebner or Coone or Percell if we all in the room. I guess its culture and polite to call your elders by their title. it took me a long time to get use to it. I bet next year everyone will call me Ms. Balls and not just Ms. lol)

1 comment:

Kerri said...

looks good. well done MS.!