Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Welcome, Come on in!!!!

Welcome to my apartment. I know this is a lame picture to start with but hey its what you see first! I'll give you a tour with my commentary! Come along!
  • When you first walk in I have a closet that now holds a very old vacuum i stole from Bruce. I also have my jackets and fabric in there! A whole closet just for that stuff!! I'm so in love! I also have my cool pictures hanging up with mostly Bruce and myself but also some of my siblings.


  • This is the Bar that has no bar stools because that is where I park my bike. I need to get a carpet runner so not to ruin the carpet. Its not very cute I know. I also have my "the best things in life aren't things" board up! My K and B which could be for Krystal and Bruce or Krystal Balls. I love it!!! I also got that cool "etc." sign at a garage sale and I am going to paint it red!

  • Then you enter the living room! First you see my baby grand! Which I love but I'm sure my neighbors hate it. I can't wait for it to be tuned and painted a hunter green! That has to wait though! I told Bruce he had to sing me a song and play the piano for me at our open house because he can sing and plays so why not!). Last Sunday he started composing my song! I love hearing him play the piano while I do my make-up!!! Notice on top of the piano is my Daisy bush! I don't think they are Daisy's but they look like it so I love them! Bruce bought them for me for my place could have pretty flowers!! Also above them is the BEAUTIFUL picture that Tia took and gave me for Christmas! My & sign I am going to take pictures with is cute between our glamor pictures we took, I think so at least! See the little table... we got 2 of them! They open in the front and on the back is a magazine rack. We picked them up on the side of the road. Red chair comments next.

  • Bruce and I found this at a yard sale! I love my red chair! It turns and rocks!! I think the light behind looks cute. I need a black frame to put our red phone booth picture in but I think it works so well with our red chair and couch!!! Oh course my giraffes have made a home there until I can make a pillow for it!

  • Geoffry lives again!!!!! Notice the sweet couch! It is way comfy! It has 2 seats and then the chaise! If you look at the little table that's the magazine side of it with our ensigns. I like my green stars next to Geoffry! I love the bookcase!

  • I have cookbooks, textbooks, book books, church books, scriptures, and games on the top shelf along with my giraffe piggy bank. The 2nd shelf hold pictures. Yes Kim there is a picture of me a kerri but you also have a picture with me and you on the black frame by the door!! The 3rd shelf holds one of my flower decorations for the wedding and my K krystal. I also made that number 10! its a block calender i made out of paper!

  • You have to go through the dinning room to get to the kitchen but its coming. The kitchen is a nice size for me! I have a pantry which is the door holding my oil painting I made with my sister. I have a ton of cabinets that right now hold my 2 plates and 2 bowls and 5 cups. I have my sisters old silverware and some kitchen tools from EA. Hopefully people will be nice and give me lots of kitchen stuff for the wedding so I can fill these babies up!!!
  • Welcome to the room that is fast becoming my favorite! Don't you LOVE the huge mirror!?!? I DO!!!!! Minus the fact that Bruce watches himself eat and makes weird faces while doing so. Bruce found the giraffe print cushions and bought them for me. I had the fabric from my old old place so I put up the border and made the table cloth. My desk sits in the coroner with my sewing machine and laptop. The other side holds my wedding flowers on a bookcase that will hold something sometime. I think this room is so cute and fun!

  • This is the little hallway to the bedroom, bathroom, and laundry room. The door on the left goes to the laundry room. It is BIG but full of drying jeans right now.

  • This is the bathroom. The tub is nice and the water pressure is GREAT! I'm so picky about the water pressure when I'm taking a shower. My towels and rug don't match Bruce's curtain but I figured we would wait til we got married to see if someone would buy us a cute bathroom set to use. Gotta hold out and see!!

  • This is the sink and toothbrush cabinet. (did you know you aren't suppose to use the "medical cabinets" for medicine because it is to damp for it and should be kept in a dry location.) Becky gave me my giraffe soap pump back when I first went to college but I never have used it. I pulled it out and kept the giraffe theme going to each room.

  • This is a closet right next to the bathroom that holds extra stuff. Mostly thing I don't have a place for or blankets and purses. Its nice to have!!!

  • This is the vanity in my bedroom! Its right when you walk in! I love it! My bathroom never will have hair and make-up stuff all over. If people come over, I just close my bedroom door and I already have a clean bathroom! I have yet to figure out where this stuff will live but I use it everyday so I'm ok that is still a tad unorganized.

  • This is my walk in closet! I love the shelf around the top! In the corner you can see my hat tree which is for necklaces but I like it for my hats. Bruce was worried there wouldn't be any room for his clothes but I left the back rod open for him. He jokes that half his clothes are here anyways. I only stole all his srubs, some shirts, 3 pairs of shoes, and some basketbal shorts! He still has tons of clothes at his place! I'm only using the side bar and the other 2 side bars. If he needs to he can squeeze some stuff in there too! It also has 5 shelves next to the door which is nice too. I even saved him one for when he moves in!

  • My room! I thought once we put the bed in that it would be lots smaller. There still plenty of walking space! The lamp in the corner is the one Bruce's bro in law makes. I'm using my sisters old frame that my bro brought from her and is letting me use. He says I have to give it back, but we'll see about that one =]

  • I love having a place to keep out the ironing board. Bruce is now my ironer! He loves to iron. It says it relaxes him. He takes FOREVER to iron but everything looks amazing when he is done. He cringes when he sees my 5 second jobs. I love having it out so I can run it over the big stuff and not to wrinkly all day!

  • I also have a porch. The storage place is pretty big too. Most of Bruce's stuff will go in there. =] All of his stuff is in boxes and is from the mission so it just needs a place to sit. It works out good.


I love my apartment! What do you think?!? Its a good thing Bruce is ok with all the green and giraffes! He loves it. Yes, I asked if he liked it before I moved to the next project. He will be moving in, in less then 4 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait! I'm so happy having a place to myself but I'm ready for him to be my roommate!!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

cute apartment. I like it. Brad says "K B can also stand for Kerri and Brad." Get ready for the Burger King comments. :)