Thursday, February 25, 2010

Home Sweet Home

That's right! I will finally have a home of my very own in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce and I started looking at apartments and prices and figuring out what we would be paying in rent and where we would want to live. I loved the luxuary apartments. I really wanted a condo or townhouse. I wanted to stay in his family's stake. I wanted to live close to his family. I wanted to live close to work since I still have no car. I wanted a 2 bedroom house. I wanted a washer and dryer. I wanted gas. I wanted room and space and cutness.

Then we looked at prices. YIKES! Living is expensive... at least for everything I wanted. After looking at lots of places and trying to figure out how to budget everything we figured we would wait til it was closer since we couldn't move in yet anyways.

Then one day on our Sunday walk we passed the apartment building his sister and her husband lived in and is 1/4 mile from where I'm at right now. I was like oh, I never even considered that place, lets go look at it!

We struck GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!! This month had a reduced rate from the big (as in 725 sq feet big) one bed one bath apartment at $650 to a price of $399 a month!!!!!!!!!!!! We looked at it and it has a HUGE mirror in the dining room. Pretty nice sized kitchen. TONS of closets and storage on the little patio. A vanity with sink in the bedroom. Walk in closet. washer and dryer room!!!!!!!! Hook ups. and all the other stuff that comes with apartments. We were able to get a 1st floor for my piano! And because i work at a high school i get $20 off a month! Which means we could afford the renting of a washer and dryer! YAY!!!!


March 1st I'll take picture of my amazing apartment!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Ah the joy of knowing what you want and settling for what you can afford! I'm glad you found a place. It sounds like a mansion! Brad and I didn't break the 500 sq ft size until Kaci was 1 and we were married for 3 years. We didn't break 700 sq ft til she was almost 2. We still do laundromat style laundry. Wow, you will be living in such luxury compared to us. I think that's great! I can't wait to see it!

Hebner Happenings said...

Your first place. oh how fun! Can't wait to see the love nest.