Wednesday, December 2, 2009

YSA Ward Calling

So I really don't care for my ward. Since Bruce and I are engaged now one really wants to play with us. It doesn't bother me... i'm not the best at making new friends. I'll stick to just having bruce, but it doesn't make for feeling like you are apart of the ward.

Ever since i moved out of Rose Lane Ward I have never felt like i had a ward family. Being a single and moving lots (on i'm on 7th move since 2006) You can't really get in the mix.

I thought this ward would be different since i'll be here for awhile. I knew some from being in the ward before so i thought it would be an easy transition. I was wrong.

I was thinking of just going to a family ward with michele since bruce and i call our selves in-betweeners. We are single but not really... but not married... so we just don't really have a place.

Guess the Lord has other plans for me!

I am now a Ward Missionary! I have no clue what that means! Whenever i heard people being called to that growing up i figured they just got a calling to have a calling but it wasn't much of a calling. I groaned inwardly as the bishop was telling me about it! I'm not social, i have no clue what that calling is, i don't know the ppl that are ward missionaries already.

I wanted a calling to feel apart of the ward. I got one. Now i just gotta step up to the challenge. After complaining to bruce (thats bad i know...) i realized that the Lord knows me. He knows I wanted to be more involved and feel like church was more then just 3 meetings on sunday. He knows that i don't get along with the main pack of singles that run the ward. He knows that i need help talking to people and being social and nice to those i don't know. So maybe this will be a good thing. I only have 7 more months in a single ward so hopefully this helps me out some! Idk what it all is and what it really means but i guess i'll find out!

No comments: