Saturday, June 18, 2011

Oh the fun

Rylee has slowly been helping us become parents. She gave us a few weeks to get used to her then she started the fun!

Her first "blow out" was a little spot on her outfit. Nothing big so I didn't think anything of it. Since then Dad has gotten pooped on several times and I'm understanding why people say babies go through a lot of outfits during the day. One day she went through 4!!! Oh and the best part... BJ pulled her out of her car seat and the next thing we know I'm rinsing out his shirt and her shirt and pants. 4 hours later and several car rides later I look at her car seat and see the side is covered in poop! I didn't have time to clean it (on the way to hospital... story coming up next) and before I could clean it my future sister in law saw it and called me on it! DANG! I now change her diaper whenever it looks big and have extra clothes with me.

She is also starting to spit up after she eats a lot. I now always have a burp cloth with me and have worn the "mom sign" (spit up all over) to several places. I think BJ has gone through more outfit changes because of her then I have and I'm more then ok with that!

I now have a classic first time mom story that you always hear about. I hadn't experienced anything that was too hard or made me all frazzled until last night.

My brother in law Dan had a choir concert so we got dressed up and headed over. Once we got there I saw on the ticket that no one under the age of 6 was allowed in. That meant Mom and Rylee had to go home. The first of many events to come that mom wont be able to attend I guess. Rylee fell asleep on the ride home and was out cold so I figured I'd get to have my own hot shower! I set her next to the door in the hallway and left the door open in case she woke up. I was so excited to get a hot long shower and planned on washing my hair AND shaving my legs! I got to the conditioner part and was just soaping up when I hear the fire alarms go off. At first I didn't know what it was then I realized it and wondered if there was a fire in my house!!!! Then of course Rylee starts crying and I jump out of the shower and try to fan the alarms to get it stop. Thank goodness I didn't have the blinds open that day! My carpet got soaking wet as I try to calm her down and stop the alarm. I then jumped back into the shower to rinse off quickly and got out and grabbed Rylee.

She calmed down enough to let me get dressed and I tried on 4-5 different pairs of pants. I almost fit into my jeans but not just yet. Sad day! I then grabbed BJ's jersey and everything I needed from upstairs and headed down to drink some water and feed hungry baby. I get everything ready and see that I have 30 minutes until I have to pick up BJ and just start to feed Rylee when my phone rings. I get up and BJ tells me I have to get him RIGHT NOW cuz Matt just had another seizure. I made rylee a bottle put her in the car seat grab some pants throw everything into the diaper bag and rush off to get him then off to the hospital. After he is all checked in we then head over to BJ's basketball game which sadly they lost.

Man what a hectic night. Thankfully Rylee calmed down in the car (her favorite spot other than the shower) and Matt was ok. I only forgot one bag and Rylee did really well in the ER waiting room. (Don't worry DAD the ER up here has zero people in it and we weren't there very long) Needless to say we both slept really well last night. I even found 10 minutes to make a binki clip for her. I don't know why it took me 3 1/2 weeks to make one. Dropping the binki 100 times a day and looking for it non stop is not fun. And the going to walmart at 10 pm because Mom lost the binki and having to buy another one is not fun either. 

Oh and my daughter is balding. She cute head of hair is now almost all gone on top. I need to take more pictures and post the ones I have I just haven't downloaded them yet. My computer time is very limited these days.

And BJ and I will be heading to Phoenix next week. He will be working for his dad and we will be there for Matt's wedding. The Fireworks stand is a no go sadly and we get to endure the awful heat now. 

1 comment:

Misty said...

You are coming to Phx?! I MUST get a chance to meet the little princess! Please let us know when you'll be around!