Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Every day changes

This is usually me but today Daddy got a turn! 

Rylee does something new everyday. I haven't had the same time schedule since we left the hospital. One day she will sleep all day long and the next she wont sleep at all. I don't get it. Today is a no sleep day. She usually gets at least a 3-4 hour nap in the mid to late evening but today she has woken up every half hour and has eaten every 2 hours!! She is also super super attached to me. I for one love it, but it makes it really really hard to do stuff I want to do. I'm learning that I no longer get to do what i want when I want. It all depends on her now. That has been hard for me but I'm learning. Today she wont sleep longer than 30 minutes unless I'm holding her. After about an hour I'm spent on holding her so I'll try to lay her down then she gets mad and wakes up and is up forever and cranky. I finally gave up and sat in the rocking chair figuring I'd sleep with her and take me usual 2 hour nap but I had to go to the restroom so I passed her off to dad. Thankfully she was so tuckered out she hasn't woken up yet. When I saw BJ passed out with her I couldn't help but smile.

Some days are super easy. Some days are super hard. Some days are in between. Its never the same.

I wish someone would have told me to practice doing things one handed my whole pregnancy. I am no where close to being able to do anything while holding her. My sister Kerri sent me her Moby wrap but Rylee SCREAMS whenever we try it. I gotta keep practicing though cuz I need both arms!! Have you ever tried to open a new bag of cereal and new bottle of milk with one hand?! Its hard! And when you just can't do it and you hold baby over bowl (really large mug because all the bowls were dirty and washing one handed was not goin to happen this morning) and she starts to kick your heart stops as you try to save bowl (mug) and cereal from falling to the floor. I'm getting better but man is it hard!

well there goes my free hour and half. feeding time. peace out

3 comments:

Hebner Happenings said...

i hope its like that your whole life hahahah

Amber Neeley said...

Hahaha I love your blog! And good luck with Rylee and her hold-me-itis. For your sake I hope it gets better so you can get more done! You're awesome! :)

Unknown said...

I agree with Amber :) I love your blog! I'm kinds your stalker, but I love how honest you are about all this. It's fun to read and for heavens sake's I'm getting prepared for the reality now!