Thursday, February 7, 2013

Life update

School has been a big challenge so far. Not that it is harder but it's the fact that I have crazy teachers and I just don't care about the subject manner. I really just want to get through this semester and get to 4th for Labor and Delivery. I care about that subject. I don't care about learning the blood components, how to suction a trach, or deal with traumas. I have to keep on trucking. I just need to do well on my tests and I should be fine.

One highlight this semester is that BJ isn't working. I wish we could be rich and never have either of us work more then a few hours each day. BJ is kind of going crazy not working but I love having him around. He has lots of energy which is great for Rylee. Poor thing gets so bored with me. I try to be fun but it only lasts for so long. Rylee has lots of energy these days since we don't spend it outside anymore. I try to take her to the store to let her run around but I don't last long. I'm hoping my energy comes back super soon.

Rylee is amazely fun these days. She talks in complete sentences which still amazes me. She is super clear in everything she says. She tries really hard to say it the right way. She likes to demand that I do things. That part is not so fun. I try so hard not to laugh and tell her to be nice but it is so dang funny. She now says she wants to do things or doesn't want to do things. She has started bargining to get out of things she doesn't want to do. Example, it is nap time and she says, Don't want to sleep. hmmmm how about play play dough. hmmmmm read books, hmmmm go sledding. She will keep coming up with things until she has a melt down that it is in fact nap time or I give in and let her play for a bit.
Things Rylee says a lot

"ummm no I don't want to"
"I like HIM!" referring to her daddy
"What you want do tonight?
"Walk in IF?"
" Broliums or walmart hmmmm walmart"
"I like that!"
"HEY its my turn!"
"Play play dough in nursery, nursery pretty fun!"
"Play Sydney, Tiffany, Tammy?!" (People who have babysat her)
"Rylee's Chair"
"Mommy I need help"
"Go in tent"
" Juice all gone need fill up"

I could go on and on. She says everything but those she says cute.
She has picked up "mine" from the kids she is around. BIGGEST pet peeve. I hate it. We do NOT say mine in this house. It drives me nuts. She says everything is her and she "needs it!" "Rylee needs that!" Everything big or little she needs it. Funny but gets old fast.




Rylee has a tent that she loooooves to play in. She always wants us to play in it with her. My legs cramp up so bad after awhile so BJ built a huge fort for us to play in. Rylee loved it. We took naps in it. We watch movies. We played. It was fun. It got old having my entire living room be under a fort so it only last 2 days but it was a blast.

She learned how to roll roll roll the play dough. We play with it a lot. I made a huge batch and found a ton of cook cutters at DI so that's one toy that stay out on the table so she can play with it whenever. I tried putting it away but she asks about 20 times a day so now she knows where it is and can play when she wants.


She is very into Mickey mouse clubhouse. She likes it. Thanks to youtube she can watch like 5-6 different episoides. She loves Tinkerbell. This is sad but she like to watch Friends with us. She knows who Joey is. She knows "ungai". It is so funny. I have needed TV time and we only watch 2 shows on Hulu plus so Friends it is. (we have all but 2 seasons)

We kind of are working on potty training but not really. We are just introducing the idea to her. If she wanted to she could be already potty trained but she would rather have a diaper on. She has all the signs that she is ready. She isn't even 2 yet so I'm not pushing it. We let her go without a diaper just to air out and we always have accidents. I'm ok with it. I figured she knows when she is going she tells me, she knows what the potty is, she knows what to do, it is just a matter of her wanting too. I'm not stressed about it at all. I haven't really tried. BJ gets a little frustrated but I'm letting her take the lead. I know it will either happen before the baby then she will regress or she will wait until after the baby. I'm fine with her waiting until after the baby so we talk about it and she knows all about what to do so when the time comes she will be ready.

I have been doing a blog for the baby since I figured it would be easier  to keep it all seperate for his or her baby book.

Baby #2's blog 

If you wanna read up on the baby. Not many posts as of now but that's where I'll put my pictures come 16 weeks as well as facebook.

2 comments:

gary hebner said...

hey this was a good read. love you

Kerri said...

I'm not invited to the second blog. good luck with keeping up two blogs. It stinks when the husband isn't working. They need to work, it's hardwired to their brains. If Brad isn't working for some reason, he has to have established duties or rituals to perform or I go crazy with him following me around all day. It's nice to get a big catch up on your life!