Thursday, February 21, 2013

Crazy enough to be us

BJ and I have finally been convinced that we are crazy. Since we have been married 3 years ago this June we will have had 9 cars and moved 6 times. All of them with me pregnant minus 2 when Rylee was 8 and 11 months old. Yeah we are crazy.

This move I think will be worth it but there is always something that makes the move suck. We are moving to Idaho Falls which is about 30 minutes from Rexburg. BJ is off track next semester and needs a job/internship and since IF is a bigger city he felt it would be a better bet then Rexburg. I wasn't convinced we should move. I love our place, it takes less then 10 minutes to walk to school, we just got help with paying for our babysitter here in Rexburg. I didn't see why moving would be a good idea. BJ of course started looking for places and I had my list of had to haves and we weren't finding anything. He found 1 place that kind of matched my list but was above our price range but I agreed to go look at it. While looking we came across others then BJ found something that hit every single thing on my list plus it saved us money.

$700 in rent with all utilities included, washer and dryer hook ups, 2 bed 1 bath, basement, garage, fenced yard, walking distance to a park, and no signed lease that keeps us there if we need to move. It is perfect. Or so I thought.

I has a loft that was turned into a 1 bed rental. The owner said a guy lives there and keeps to himself. I wasn't really worried about it until we met him today while moving some stuff. We get the garage and he has been storing some of his toys in it but the owner told him he had to move it out. We also found out he owns a pig that stays in the back yard. The owner wasn't happy to see it and said there are no pets allowed. I took Rylee in the back yard to look at it and find the trash cans and the stupid pig attacked me. I was really scared for our lives. I kicked it like 10 times and it kept trying to knock me over as I was running away from it. The guy said he would have his stuff moved out by the 1st when we really move in and when I asked about the pig he got all defensive. I asked if there was a way we could make it a pin so we could go back there and he got all mad. He said he thinks he should get the back yard and we can have the front. I just laughed and said no we will be using the backyard everyday. He feels he should get something and it's only fair he gets the back yard because he has been there for 2 years and we should just use the front. I told him no we have yard toys and Rylee isn't allowed to play in the front yard and we will just have to figure out a way to share the yard. I told him the pig attacked me when I went over to the trash cans and he just shrugged and said he would make it so I could take my trash out but he wasn't pinning up the pig. BJ was livid. He said he was just going to shoot the pig. I don't want to make that guy our enemy but we were told we get use of the back yard and the shed back there and the guy isn't even suppose to have the pig. I guess I will try working it out with the guy and split the yard with him some how. I really don't want to make him get rid of it because he is an older guy who lives alone and I know what pets can mean to people. He might have a pile of our trash on his door step if we don't figure it out soon. I'll give him until summer but Rylee needs a yard to play in. We might not get to stay there if it gets to be too much. There are plenty of places to rent and we don't have a lease but I really like the place. Why does he have to have a stupid pig!?! UGH

Something always goes wrong when you rent. I dream of the day when I can own my very own house and deal with problems that don't involve other tenants.  BJ said we should just remind the owner about the pig and maybe he will make the guy get rid of it. I guess time will tell.

IF really is a great move for us. It will make our lives a lot easier and even though moving sucks it really is worth it. BJ sold my Jeep so we could get a commuter car. I was so sad to see it go. We made 1000 bucks on it so it was a great deal for us but I really loved that car. BJ is all giddy to be looking for another car. He loves loves loves buying and selling cars. We have never lost money so I guess I'll let him have his fun. He is nice enough to put up with me crying for no reason and no cooking/no cleaning for weeks on end. He can have his cars. As long as I have something to get me from point A to B back to A I really don't mind.


No comments: