Tuesday, November 27, 2012

O Christmas Tree

Rylee was so very excited to put up the Christmas tree. It's tradition to not up it up until Thanksgiving day. I pulled it out of the garage and left it in the house until it was time to put up. Rylee was dying to put it together. Finally the day came and I opened the box. She was over joyed at the sight of it. SO worth the hassle to put up just to watch her. BJ wanted to go cut one down but we didn't have a tree stand and our tree is prelit so I wouldn't have had any lights for the tree. I told him we would go hit the day after Christmas sales this year so next year we can cut one down.

 Our first Christmas together we were engaged and we bought a Christmas tree and put up at BJ's place. We bought glass Christmas ornaments and have had the same tree every year. Last year Rylee broke 2 of them. This year I figured she was old enough that they would be alright. I think we will be hitting up plastic ornaments at the sales. She had soooooooooo much fun putting them on the tree. I couldn't put the hooks on fast enough. I thought we were going to have one spot on the front with all the ornaments but I should have known better. Every time I gave her one she would look at the tree, walk around it, then find a place she thought it should go. We did get a few clusters but she would notice and ask for help to put it up higher. We can't keep her away from the tree. She loves it. I mean LOVES IT!

 Every time we leave the house she says, "Bye Christmas tree!!!" And when we get home it's, " OH, Hi Christmas tree!" At night I have it on and you can see through our blinds and when we pull up it's, "Pretty Christmas tree!!" I love it. I can't help but let her play with the ornaments. BJ scolds her but I let her play until she starts smacking them or tripping on them.

 My mom gave us a Advent felt Christmas tree for Rylee. I tired using that to distract her from the other one. She put them all on. She doesn't get the one for each day thing. She now plays with 2 Christmas trees.


I also found a village at DI to put up. My grandma was the village queen and my mom had a village. That was my favorite thing to set up every year. I also had fun looking at the little houses and the people. When I found a full village I couldn't pass it up.  It even had little trees, light poles, and people! I just need to find "snow".

I love to decorate. My mom is the Master at decorating the house for every season and holiday. Thanks to her I have something for every holiday. She sends me something every time and I'm slowly building my boxes up. Someday my house will be decorated on the inside and out.
 Rylee also loves all the lights. Every time she see lights she points and says, "ohhhhh pretty lights! Bye pretty lights! Daddy pretty lights!!!" She can't get enough of them. My mom gave us a few strands so I have them on a timer to turn on every night. I also put up some garland. Rylee is into coloring so I had her color and then I cut them into snowflakes for my windows.
Christmas music is a ringing and lights are a blinging!