Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween 2012

 I wasn't too excited this year for Halloween. Maybe I was just worried about school. I did decorate the outside because it's always fun to come home to cute things. After I put up my stuff the rest of the street finally decorated too. I love living in a family neighborhood. So much better then apartment complexes. BJ and I waited until the store had a TON of pumpkins to choose from. I got Rylee two little ones early on so she wouldn't brother the neighbors decorations. I am very picky about picking the right pumpkin. This year I wanted a BIG BIG one! My husband is was nice enough to dig through about 20 big piles and weigh them for me to get the best one. He just grabbed the first one he saw.
 Rylee had fun coloring her pumpkins but she got over it really fast. I tried showing her different sides but she felt only one sided needed color.
 I can't get over how cute she is!
 I didn't really want to carve pumpkins either. We carved them the Monday right before Halloween because when we wanted to it had snowed and the pumpkins froze. I was dragging my feet actually carving them but in my defense I had competency which is the most stressful event of the semester.
 BJ let Rylee help dig out the guts. She loved it. Really she just liked pulling out the seeds and putting them in the bowl.
 I am glad BJ kept pushing to carve them. It's sort of a big deal at our house to carve pumpkins. 3 years ago BJ asked me to marry him with his pumpkin. I know Rylee is going to get so tired of hearing that story year after year but I love that I get to talk about our engagement each year doing a tradition we both love so much!
 I free handed a Cat. Can you tell?! Rylee looooooooooves cats so I did this for her. She didn't get it though. Oh well its the thought that counts.

 Can you figure out BJ's?
 Yes, my husband is an automotive major and obsessed with cars. He did the gas light and the brights on the dashboard. He free handed his too but his turned out way better!
 Our first Halloween together my sister in law put my nephew Sam in this giraffe costume. I loved it and I have always said my kid would be a giraffe for Halloween. Michele is awesome and saved the costume and brought it up for me to use. I was excited because I wanted to several Halloween things and I that meant Rylee could wear more then one costume.
 The dorms up here did a trick or treat on Tuesday. Rylee loves going for walks every single night. She always wants to walk up peoples stairs so I figured she would love Halloween. I was right. She got the concept down rather quickly. Her little fits knocking on the door just kills me! I love her tiny little hands (which are actually kind of big for her age!). She would knock and wait for the girls to woo and ahh over her. She always got 2 pieces, one the put in the bucket and one she grabbed. She always always went for the smarties. Her favorite! It always made me sad when she looked like she was going for the Snickers then grabbed a dumb sucker or something lol.
 She actually kept the hood on but she was running a fever so I was glad there were only 3 dorm buildings.
 Her next costume that Mama Mia sent up ( my mom) was a lady bug. She was so dang cute in it! Every single person commented on it. I felt bad when there was another little girl in the same costume and people were woo and ahhing over Rylee. What can I say, we made a cute baby.
Can you tell what BJ is?
Yeah our costumes were really lame. It was very last second and I was stressed about school that I just picked something out of our closet and tried to make them work. No one got it. 
We were bug catchers people!! Oh well next year our costumes will rock!
 We went to campus to the Kidde Carnival. Rylee loves pressing the buttons to open the doors.
 It was lame but Rylee got some good stuff. She loves to fish at home so I thought she would be all into this.

 She didn't get why she had to wait and couldn't find the fish. Oh well she got candy so all was well.
 We bought candy and hid it from me so we could pass it out to the kids. After stopping at Matt's we went home and sat outside to pass out candy. Can  you see BJ's pumpkin? Looks cool huh! There weren't many trick or treaters and Rexburg doesn't do truck or treats. So after 5 minutes in between kids Rylee was over it so we went door to door. She got three pieces because she felt she needed one for each hand and everyone always gave her a piece too. We even scored a rubber ducky! She loved going for a walk and getting something out of it. It was fun to see all the neighborhood kids too. Our ward is our block so I guess that's why we don't trunk or treat. Rylee had a blast and I ended up waiting to take my test so I could go around with her. It was worth it. She loved it and we only ended up with a hand full of the good candy and passed the rest out.
Rylee also finally figured out how to eat a sucker. Why I let her have more then one is beyond me. Worst candy ever!!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

She is darling in her costumes. Sounds like she rocked Halloween this year.
I thought BJ's pumpkin was a skeleton hand getting gas, it was a good guess, pretty close, kinda?
Sorry school is ruining holidays. You'll be done with school soon enough and then other things can ruin the holidays :)