Tuesday, November 27, 2012

18 month mark

I can't believe my baby is no longer a baby. My visiting teachers came over and one of them is in Primary with me. She walked in and saw Rylee playing on the iPhone and made the comment that she is such a big kid now! It's true. She is a full on toddler now.



  • She loves Aristocats. The only movie she will watch. The only thing on the TV that will keep her attention longer then 3 mintues. She sings the songs, "EVERYBODY...cats" "A riki tiki tiki!" "Raah raah raah boom di aye!" She tells me " groovy mama" loves to say " AMELIA!" (she has a cousin with that name too!) If you haven't seen this movie or if it's been awhile go watch it. I love it because the bad guy is greedy and not mean or evil like some other movies out there. If you are in Arizona you will be watching this movie when we come home for the break. 
  • Rylee pretty much is a talking kid. She used to be super clear in what she is saying but now that she wants to say more then one thing at a time I get lost. It took me 3 days to figure out she was saying Aristocats. I love waking up to her telling me Good morning. Talking with her makes everyday that much better.
  • Things she says daily:
  • "This is yummy!" ( from Aristocats I found out), 
  • "Where Daddy go?"  Or where (put in the blank) go? If you aren't in the room anymore she will ask where you went.
  • "Pretty (everything) She told me on Sunday my dress was pretty, her hair is pretty when we brush her hair, Daddy's clothes are pretty. Lights are pretty. Everything is pretty!
  • "My shoe came off!" Even if it's her sock.
  • Loves cats and dogs!
  • She has a sound for every animal even if it doesn't make a sound ie Skunk- pee whew, Turtle - slllooow. Someone told me to write down every animal she knows but she knows pretty much every animal including a Kola Bear. 
  • Books are still her favorite. Her favorite this week "Oh The Places You'll Go" by Dr. Suess. Or as she says, "Places go!" She loves it. Mostly because its the longest book we have. Some books are just for pointing at the pictures, some she wants read to her.
  •  Always Always wants to go for a walk. No matter how cold or dark it is outside. 
  • Getting used to the snow. Hates wearing gloves or a hat. Loves to go sledding.
  • Starting to hate it when I leave. She now throws a fit when I leave her in nursery or with the babysitter.
  • Loves to color. Anytime I have a pen in my hand she needs one too.
  • She can jump! She can even get her feet off the ground.
  • Loves it when I play with her hair. If I just am trying to get something out of it she will ask Please mommy?! and sit there while I play with it. 
  • Loves to be tickled!
  • I love love love it when she says, "You scare me!" I need to get that on camera.
  • She likes riding her bike around in the house, going down the slide, and now doing her puzzles. 
She loves food. She doesn't eat solid food that requires chewing when a tooth is coming in but other then that she will eat just about anything. She loves the applesauce in the pouches. I buy them by the case. If I'm eating it she will eat it too. She will take a vegetable over junk food 9 times out of 10. People always comment about that. She just really likes peas and broccoli. I had BJ pick us up some doughnuts while he was out one morning. She came into the room saw the bag, opened it up, pulled out a doughnut, just started eating it. Then she took BJ's and wouldn't put it down because it had Chocolate on it. (She loves chocolate!) We needed to take a shower so she brought it with. I couldn't help but laugh and capture it.


 She makes me laugh. We love having her in our family. People are always amazed when they find out that I am in the nursing program and that BJ is in school full time too. I wouldn't have it any other way. She makes every day so much better. She makes me a better person. Without her life just wouldn't be complete!

No comments: