Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy Halloween

My mom always decorates for every holiday. That was one of my favorite things growing up. When I got married I told BJ I was going to decorate just like my mom. Well not just like my mom.. she has cute stuff and is 1000 times more creative than I am. Since I'm on a student budget I had to make all my decorations with stuff I had laying around the house.
In the dinning room I put up paper triangles and made some paper ghosts with oranges scarfs. 

I also made a cute haunted house to put in my dinning room.

My mom is amazing and last year she made me this super cute sign for my kitchen.

This year she sent me a very cute witches boot. Maybe by the time Rylee is older she will have made me enough stuff to decorate like her!!

Last year she made a banner with my wedding colors so I thought I would add letters too it. Oh and on the couch is Rylee's halloween costume. She is going to be a basketball and we are going to be basketball players! My mom did a fabulous job!

I did the letters free hand. While Rylee took a nap. I also sewed the edges because some were getting stringy. This is did with Rylee on my lap and she only grabbed for it twice so it went pretty fast. Who knew I could sew with a baby on my lap!



When I was in Phoenix my sister in law Michele had a super saturday so  I went and made this cute sign with her. I have 4 things I can change during the year. I really liked how my pumpkin turned out though so I was excited to put it up!

1 comment:

kerri said...

cute decorations, well done. i can't wait to see rylee in her costume.

i stored those boots and coat in my summer bin because i don't have money to ship em right now. so, looks like you'll get em this summer instead. :)