Friday, August 16, 2013

Grandma Mia visit

 We were very excited when Grandma came into town. She showed Rylee that the Ice Cream truck was more then just a cool van that played music.
 I realized I didn't take enough pictures of all the stuff we did. Grandma bought rylee a bunch of craft stuff and clay to play with. Rylee was in heaven. She went from one thing to the next over and over again.

 My sisters sent up a bunch of stuff that their girls have outgrown. Rylee had a hay day going through so many things that were just for her. She spent the whole time time dressing up in everything she could get her hands on. She then settled for her old giraffe costume.
 One night I caught my mom making herself a scarf for the upcoming winter. If she was bored I had plenty of crafts that have been put on the back shelf. I pulled everything out and we spent the day watching her make her magic. Charles was on his biliblanket the whole time she was here so we couldn't do every much but sit at home.
 Rylee loves to go to the zoo and has been waiting all summer to take her grandparents to the zoo. We saved out guest passes just for grandmas.

Mom really liked out little zoo. Its the perfect size for us. We had fun getting out the house, even if it was only for a little bit.

 I had this idea of sending out announcments for me and little man. I was trying to figure out when would be best to have a photographer take pictures of us then I realized I had photoshop and mom knew how to use it so why not have our own session for free! Mom helped me make my idea turn out. We tried several different things. This is one pose that I really liked. BJ and i made one up that someday I will get out in the mail. I think they turned out pretty good.
 This little man was with me for half the program. We made it through together. He is still my little study buddy too.
 Saturday there was the duck races so we went to the green belt to see what was going on. Rylee got to build a cute little boat. Then little man had an appointment so I took him to the doctors while everyone else stayed to play.

The got to see a car show and watch boat races. Sounded like a lot of fun. That was the most we got to do. With Charles being on the blanket and me not being able to walk super far we pretty much sat in our hot house all day. I was glad mom was willing to come and hang out. It's always fun to have family come see how you live day  to day and for her to see Rylee in her own element. Kids are different at home then on vacation. It was lots of driving for her but we were happy she was willing to come play!

No comments: