Sunday, March 17, 2013

Beating Records

Our fastest move was last year when we lived in a little house for 2 months before we found our last rental that I loved. This time we lived here 3 weeks. What I can say, we are awesome.

Once we finally got most of our living stuff into the house I really thought I could make it work. BJ was upset with lots of things from the start of our first night here but I thought I could deal with it. The space for the price just really can't be beat. I love big living areas, kitchens, rooms, and having tons of storage. Of course there are things about each place you live that you wish you could change, a layout, cabinets, flooring, but those are things you can live with.

Things you can't live with.... Smoking neighbors, animals, leaking pipes, landlords that don't care.

All of it I was dealing with, the stupid pig, the rude neighbor that took 2 weeks to get his stuff out of our garage, the not so nice but safe enough neighborhood, the bathroom upstairs while my bed was downstairs, I was dealing with it and making it work.

Then last week hit.

Worst week of the semester. I have competency on Tuesday which is THE most stressful test/experience of each semester. I was trying to finish cleaning our other place to be done there. I'm um 20 weeks pregnant, BJ is in school full time, I have an almost 2 year old. All of my stuff is 3/4 packed and trying to find everything I need. Then our living room starts to fill with smoke. I was so lightheaded that I could barely think. As I was sweeping I realized I was sweeping up kitty litter from the doorway that connects our places. I go to get dressed downstairs and it is leaking all over the boxes that hold very important documents. I had to hurry and rearrange the boxes to stay out of the water. BJ looks at it and sees water is leaking from the floor boards and an old pipe in 2 places.

That day we drove around looking for other rentals.

I really didn't want to move so I thought maybe I could make even all of that work. Then I woke up sore from cleaning tubs and floors and Rylee and I were playing when we smell smoke so we descend to the basement where it smell even worse! There was no escaping it. So we thought we would go to the park since its been 60 out. I thought I'd take the trash with me but didn't want to fight the pig so I figured I would just drive to it through the alley. As I pull up to our trash can the neighbors behind us have 2 huge dogs that were trying to jump the fence to eat me alive. I was so scared I almost didn't get out of my car. I then drove to the other side of town and looked for a place to rent.

I knew I couldn't handle living here anymore. It wasn't worth the savings and space to deal with other crap. The stupid pig guy yelled at me to be nice to pig. The landlord doesn't care that the pig is destroying his house. I'm done.

Luckily I found a very cute and cozy house in a great neighborhood.

I'm so glad BJ and I are good people. We have never been turned away from somewhere we want to rent. Out of all the applications people get we always get the call saying we can have the place. I didn't realize how great of a trait that was until I met up with Hal our new landlord.

I spent an hour just talking to him about his life and kids and when BJ came to look at the place he said he wasn't even going to call and check up on us and even turned down 4 people that day because he was hoping we would rent from him.

It's more money, and smaller, a bigger yard to BJ to care for but so worth it!

We will be in a house and no neighbors sharing any wall with us. We are a block from Church and the park. The neighbors all have kids that go outside and play. It is a 3 bedroom one story. It is right by the mall and walking distance for me and Rylee. The house has all brand new appliances and carpet. It has FANS in every room!!!!!! No garage but a carport and a brand new shed in the back yard. Plus the land lord is so nice. He even said he would ask around to see if he could help BJ find an internship.

I'm not looking forward to moving again in less than a month but I think its best.

1 comment:

gary hebner said...

your so funny, but this place sounds so worth the move, i want a nice place to lay my head down when we come up