Monday, May 28, 2012

Birthday Girl and her BIG day

My sister Kerri called awhile back asking what the plans were for Rylee's 1st birthday. I hadn't even thought about it. The more I thought about it, the more I saw cute things to do for parties on Pinterest. Then I realized A) Rylee knows like 2 kids her age and they are all terrors and mean B) I am way to busy to worry about planning a party C) She wont know what is going on.

So we picked something we knew she would love and enjoy on her birthday even if she didn't remember it for the rest of her life.

We went to the Tautphaus Park Zoo. 

Sadly it was freezing today but Rylee could care less. She just loves animals. We also scored because it was field trip day and Rylee loved watching all the kids run around.


At first she wasn't sure what was going on. She was more interested in watching the kids then watching the penguins eat. So we thought we would steer away from the kids for a bit and show her what the zoo was all about.

She saw the peacock and thought it was so cool.

Then she saw the monkeys.

She was so excited! That was start of the zoo fun! After that she realized whenever we pointed there would be a new animal to see. She stopped caring about the kids and was focused on trying to see what we were pointing at.

BJ was making fun of me because my wing span is 6 foot 1 inches. Maybe I was Golden Eagle in a previous life.

Close but not close 

Hopefully Rylee takes after her dad... 
unless she plays volleyball and wants to play middle then she needs to take after me.


I told Rylee all about how I grew up playing with those big old tortoises. 

She was very impressed and wanting to play with them too





She was so gentle when petting the goats. I am always amazed and how soft she is





She loved standing up to see the animals. The donkeys had a place her to put her head. She was there for awhile sticking her head in and out to see them.


I think the wild dogs were her favorite. Or anything that made a noise when she was looking for them.
She loved the Zoo. It was the perfect size. We spent like an hour and left. Her little nose was all red by the time we left. We found a little tiger ring in the gift store. It was the cheapest thing in the store and we wanted to get her a suvioneer. She didn't care and lost it before we even left the parking lot. Good thing it was only $1.50. I think BJ found it but I no idea where it went since then.

We headed to Chuck a Rama for lunch. We figured it would be the best place for Rylee to eat. She wasn't interested in food though. I think she is teething. She wouldn't eat unless BJ was sitting next to her. She didn't eat much either.


This is how she eats all the time. She always has her foot up on her tray or is leaning back relaxing while she eats.

We let her pick any dessert she wanted. She loves Ice Cream but only had a few bites.

I have a friend who takes her kids pictures everyone on their birthday at the time they were born. I loved that idea so I planned to do with Rylee.

May 23, 2012 at 2:53 pm
  

BJ gave her his hat in the car and she put it on her face and fell back asleep. 
I guess she just partied too hard.

We spent the rest of the night jumping 

and playing on the couch.

She played some games.

At about 8 that night I finally made my mind up and bought stuff to make Rylee a cake. I let her pick out the flavor and the sprinkles. I just had to get the 1 year old cake shot!
She was not a fan of the cake. That girl makes me laugh!

She gave the nasty face the whole time but kept trying it. 
She was not a fan at all.




Notice the leg again. I guess she just has to be comfortable while eating.

I had to document that she wanted to eat peas over cake!


I must admit I'm sad to see my baby isn't a baby anymore but I am so excited to see all the new things she gets to learn and watch her grow up. 


1 comment:

gary hebner said...

love the post. she is so cute. love the wing span thing!