Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New place

Our living room is HUGE! It is about the size of my old living room, dining room, and kitchen put together!!! I love the fireplace, which we can't use for some reason, and built ins. The heat comes from the ceiling. I guess there are a bunch of coils that heat up and send it down into the room. It feels like the sun shining down on you. I just hope it doesn't cost too much to use!

Our stuff looks so tiny in this huge room! I also found drapes at the thrift store for my big window. The table is not in this room we were just moving stuff around.

Our dining room. I love how big it is! The built in china cabinet is awesome! I got a ton of white serving dishes when we got married so now I can display them! We also put our desk in this room. Its nice to have a place for the printer now.

My kitchen is already amazing! It didn't have a dishwasher so we sold our old snow tires and got a portable one. Its nice because I can push it off to the side and fill it up then bring it to the sink and turn it on. It also acts like an island for extra space when cooking.

This is 3rd bedroom space. It doesn't have a heater so we just use it as our storage/ pantry room. I'm going to set up my sewing machine in here too.

The laundry room is shared and downstairs but it is large and nice to have.

The backyard isn't fenced but there is a ton of space. We are hoping the lady lets us put in a garden this spring.

I have my linen closet! Our room is about the same size as our last place but Rylee's room is bigger. We finally tracked down 2 dressers to use. Why do they have to cost so much?!? Thankfully we found great deals at D.I. and other thrift stores.

The tub is bigger than the last place and has cool little shelves too. 

I found these gems at the thrift store. I'm painting my table blue so these will be perfect to add some color to my china cabinet! $5 for a set of 6. You can't go wrong with that!

We bought new chairs because we broke 2 of our chairs that go with the table. I upholstered the seats to match my table.

BJ found this fabric and I was so excited. It reminds me of things I see on HGTV.

In the process of sanding and painting. So far the blue I picked is brighter than I wanted so I'm trying to find ways to mute it a little. I still think it will be an awesome pop of color though.


All in all we love this new place. Rylee adjusted really quick. She loves that she can play with her toys in the living room and still see me in the kitchen and vise versa. We have already had our neighbors come visit us too. An older lady lives under us in the basement and she is kind of crazy but we rarely see her. Unless of course we park on her side. She will come tell us to move every single time. If you want our new address let me know!


2 comments:

Hayley Jacob said...

cute chairs!

Kerri said...

dressers are expensive. i looked into building one and found out why. those roller things for them are outrageous.

cute house, looks wonderfully spacious.