Friday, December 9, 2011

Biggest Winner

Chase (Trainer), Natalia, Mary, Me, Elizabeth, Angela (Trainer) not pictured Hannah

The Biggest Winner team that WON! 

After a semester of working out and having many ups and downs I lost 10 pounds. Everyone asked me if I felt stronger and better during my work outs and all I could say was no. I guess the program was different for me. Most of the people have taken a life time of not working out and being unhealthy that this program changed their life. Me, I just had 9 months of growing a baby and am not close to being back to my active healthy lifestyle. This program was a great jump start but it didn't change my life. I wish I would have realized this half way through. I had many many many complaints about the program and ways it wasn't working for me. After the closing ceremony and listening to a girl go on and on about finally getting healthy and feeling good about herself for the first time, I realized oh that was the point of this. For example, she was over the moon excited that she could run a mile in 11 minutes and I was super depressed that I ran my 5k with 10 minute miles. The point of this program wasn't shed as many pounds as you can and work out as hard as you can. It was learning to be happy with your body and to see that you can do hard things. Even though I was far above everyone in the workout sense and wished for better work outs and more weight lose, I had a good time. 

Our team some how won the whole thing. Mary, my teammate, also lost 22 pounds and 3% body fat! We got a backpack, a single serve blender, and a water bottle. I gave mine to Chase my trainer since they were one short. But I did get a shirt and that is by far better than anything. I love getting shirts!!

Overall I made great friends and I'm working on getting back to pre pregnant Krystal. I'm getting there and it is fun to see results! 

1 comment:

gary hebner said...

great job. you stay focus on the preprego krystal, i'm sure there will more Rileys. Love you baby girl!!!